Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
96 Tacoma, 77 Corona
3 Posts
Hey there. I'm Steve, 53 and have a Tacoma and two 77 Corona Wagons. My first is a manual that's modded with a Weber carb and lifted for use in Mexico where we Winter.. It runs nice but is rusting badly by now as we live on the coast. My second Corona is it's replacement, with an auto trans and has not been modified in any way yet. It's in very good stock shape mechanically, but it's from Arizona and all it's rubber and plastic is shot. I'm just getting it going and looking for some stuff. I'll post a new thread to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

·
Registered
179 Posts
1973 corona

Hi all,
I'm usually in the tacoma forum. I just picked up a '73 Corona,2d,18RC,auto,w/ac all stock. I posted a few pics in the Gallery

Irvin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all. I am now the proud owner of my grandmother's 1969 Corona 2-door coupe. It has 51K miles on it. She bought it used in 1971 with 36K miles on it. It is on awesome shape for a 42 year old car.

What are some online sources for any parts or information about a Corona this old? I live in Kansas City, not exactly the heart of Toyota country.

I am looking forward to interacting with other owners.

Later...

·
Corona is gone.
86 Pickup
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Hello all. I am now the proud owner of my grandmother's 1969 Corona 2-door coupe. It has 51K miles on it. She bought it used in 1971 with 36K miles on it. It is on awesome shape for a 42 year old car.

What are some online sources for any parts or information about a Corona this old? I live in Kansas City, not exactly the heart of Toyota country.

I am looking forward to interacting with other owners.

Later...
TORC is a good place, talk to Carlyn.

http://toyotacluborg.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=coronas

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello!

Hi guys, thanks for having this Corona forum up, very cool!

My only car is a 1980 Corona dx, I posted in the gallery, but here is a pic also. I bought it in 2010 with only 100k miles from an original owner, in near perfect condition, put swapped out the stock carb for a Weber. Loving the getting used to owning an older car again.
Things I'm thinking about are: I noticed some clunkyness in the driveshaft and rear end which I will have to learn more about. Also the weber has no fuel shut off and when i park it in my 1 car garage it sometimes smells like gas in there. Possibly also because I think it's running a bit rich. Only getting 21mpg, kinda weak, but during summer it seems to improve to 25 *shrug*.
Sweet perfectly working stock stereo! (but wired mono?) 4 speaker am/fm system, thinking about adding in a little sub amp and speaker, but I kinda like it just the way it is, especially when listening to classic rock.
Was there ever a cassette option? would be kinda cool to install a stock.
thanks again
Josh (Colorado)

·
Registered
Oh so many cars and
3 Posts
Howdy

Howdy from Atlanta!

I spent a lot of time in old Toyota wagons as a kid, and so naturally as an adult I figure I might as well get one and fix er up. I've mostly been spending my time on old Toyota trucks - on my 5th 1st gen 4Runner - this one an 88 with the 5VZ swap, had a 76 FJ40 and now a 95 FZJ80 - and figured it's time to give a wagon a try.

Traded a 1990 Audi V8 Quattro for a 1978 Corona Wagon a couple weeks back and been trying to get it back on the road.

Look forward to learning and helping!

-Ted

·
Registered
8 Posts
1978 Toyota Corona Sedan 5 Speed

Rather than repeat the wheel, my new member post is below. Pretty STOKED owner of a 1978 Toyota Corona. Runs solid, no dripping fluids and only bad thing about the interior is the rear seatback which I'm having a hard time finding online so at some point will just get it redone.

Got a ton of upgrade parts to install and still need to do a tune-up but love this car and am glad to see other nice Corona's!

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/5-introduce-yourself-here/413436-new-toyota-nation-1978-toyota-corona.html

·
AZH2O
78 Corona
1 Posts
New Corona owner here. From Tucson, AZ. Just traded my bug for a 78 Corona. I like it so far and there's a lot of fun ahead with restoring/customizing this car. It's also my first Toyota ever. Here is a pic of what she looks like now.... (click to see fullsize)

·
owner of a Corona 1980
6 Posts
can any one tell me what is the maximum size of wheel and rims can a toyota corona 1980 Handle ..?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Volkswagen guy bought a toyota

Name is cory.. Vwsnaps is my alter-ego internet forum name.

I traded a few of my VW projects for this 1979 Toyota Corona Wagon - i think i am 3rd owner , 67k original miles , runs awesome.. previous owner i got it from - decided to " CUT " the front springs and remove the rear leaf springs to lower it - it rides like CRAP !!!!

Anyways - i am a professional photographer in Nebraska.
I also have a car hobby website - www.volkshole.com i buy sell vw / bmw / audi parts and sell them on ebay , take what i need from the car then part out the rest of the car.. i have car A.D.D. probably owned 500 cars i think - even if owning it meant i was parting it out....

Ive had alot of cars. Here is a list i need to update
http://volkshole.com/?page_id=51

I am going to post up a few questions about this Corona i just bought...

·
Corona is gone.
86 Pickup
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Welcome to Toyota Nation, Vwsnaps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi people, I decided I'm keeping my '80 Corona after 2 years of owning it. After some difficult attempts to sell, I decided, "this car is awesome!"

Question, where can I get an all chrome replacement bumper for the stock black/chrome one?

thanks
josh

·
Registered
1 Posts
72 Corona

Hi guys. My name is Chris from NSW Australia. I just bought a 1972 barn find Corona sedan. All original with 80'000 on the clock. i'm am keen to see what would be a great engine/transmission transplant for it. i intend to keep it looking original as possible, bar wheels and a fresh paint job.

·
1973 RT81 Corona Owner
RT81 Corona
1 Posts
Roosta's 73' RT81 Corona aka FRANKIE

My Corona, have owned him for a bit over 2 years and the girlfriend drove it to work daily up until the last two months... stripped cam gear that can't be bought off the shelf anymore means i'm putting a 21R-C from a 83' Celica into it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone¡¡

Hi all,
I am Jose from Spain.
A year ago I was looking for a car to restore it myself and I found this Toyota Corona Mark II Coupe (RX22) 1976. :laugh:
The car needed a lot of work but it had a very solid chassis with very little rust.
So I take it home and I'm still hard at work.
I do it all myself slowly, and hopefully It will be painted next month.
Well these pictures are from the internet announcement where I found it and the day I take it home.
A greeting.

·
Registered
80 corona
1 Posts
New 1980 Corona Liftback

Hey all I'm ryan recently bought a 1980 corona Liftback with a questionable motor repair? It's a 20r block with a 22r head weber carb. Cut coil springs and no ac or ps. Purchased to replace my 1995 4Runner R.I.P. :( So it's a DD in progress. This is my third yota love driving it around in need of some parts haha
My first was the 95 4Runner which I loved dearly bought it with leaking head gasket (poor little 3.0 3vz engine) then I traded a motorcycle for a 99 4Runner which I sold to shortly after. Then the 95 was totaled in January and I bought the corona. Body is in good shape lots of engine bits have been removed so it's a work In progress just trying to get it to a good base line before I really dig in. Planning on building a new motor on a stand for it most likely a 22r or if I'm feeling crazy a 1jz haha

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to me 1969 Toyota Corona

Hello all! My name is Jay and I just picked up a 1969 Corona that I'm looking forward to getting on the road.

Thanks!
Jay

21 - 40 of 46 Posts