Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
4AGE Goodness
193 Posts
Hello there Corona owners, I am Kris and its been a bloody long time since I've been back to Yota Nation. I used to own a 1992 AE101 Corolla FXGT 20v which was a complete POS to be honest (and also written off), but now I have come back with something new and a lot tidier.

Its a 1994 Corona ST190 Liftback. New Zealand new model (NZDM), 2 previous owners, the last owner had it for 17 years and did bugger all miles in the thing, 1st owner was Avis Lease Vehicles and was leased to NZ Railways to a lady executive for 36 months, so basically its been nana'd its whole life. I bought it as a crashed car, as the insurance company was going to write it off, so I snuck in with a cheeky NZD$300 offer and was accepted. Still has registration until January, and a Warrant of Fitness until November, 3S-FE, auto, factory 14 inch alloys, 180,000kms on the clock, and goes really well for its age. It still has its OEM Alpine head unit, the power aerial works, the half leather seats are in fairly good condition (gave them a good dose of conditioner tonight) and all the power windows work well. All I needed to do was get a full set of front lights for it (the original glass headlights were smashed to bits and the corner lamps had broken tabs and mounting points), a replacement hood, 2 replacement chassis ends and a bumper reinforcer (and a new washer bottle after I put my thumb through it). The picture is before I fitted the new bonnet, but the new one is the wrong shade of 040/Super White 2, but hey, its only a daily driver so its going to stay that way, as it owes me around $500 so far.

The only thing I plan to do is to fit some ST185 Celica GT-Four brake calipers to it as the stock brakes suck, a lot. My previous daily that's now the weekender has very good slotted rotors and street/track pads, so I'd like to have a similar feeling pedal with as much bite. I know guys who have swapped full GT-Four 4WD and running gear into a Corona for a seriously quick sleeper but I have no intentions on doing that, as cool as that would be.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi my name is Tommy

I own a 79 Corona SE lift back with 73K miles, a 11 Tundra crewmax TRD off road and a 12 Camry SE. I also own 2 64 Impala that I am going to restore.

I have been the service manager at a Toyota dealer for 7 years and love my Toyotas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1968 Corona RT43 1900 Deluxe

Hey guys. Just picked up this 68 corona deluxe (RT43) for my wife to drive around town during the summer. It's a good runner with the 4 speed. Everything works on it and it has 40k miles (60k Kms). Pretty minimal rust.
Just working on ball joints, sway bar bushings, and tie rod ends. Also trying to source pitman and idler arms.

Second pic is with a couple of my other Toys, 1981 BJ42 and 1986 BJ70

Attachments

·
Soylent Green sales
12,801 Posts
Welcome to Toyota Nation!
Nice collection of Toys you have there.
I had an 81 Corona a while back, it was a great car.

·
Brit, in Bitz!
211 Posts
Parachuted in..... Hi!

:surprise:

Hi folks...... I have just 're-located' from the Camry section (my mistake totally - there is no Carina in US markets, so I settled there..oops!)

Europe gets the '84 - '87/'87- '92 Toyota Carina II exclusively.... Rest of the World/Japan it is the Corona.

I keep my thread updated with all my goings on so just have a look-in, to see my car & catch up...

Cheers all :grin:

2sav

41 - 46 of 46 Posts