Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've got a 3sgte sitting in my corona, problem is I can't find a wiring diagram for the corona ( got heaps for the new engine )

Info.
1990 st171 corona (2.0 GL)
NZ assembled (Thames)
Carby 3s-f

I just cannot find a diagram for the interior.... dash, weird ecu that doesn't have the pinouts written on it (I wouldn't even call it an ecu.. more like little black box) The only thing stopping me from completing it is not having this info. I really don't wanna have to pay some Auto Electrician... already cost me enough for the engine and transplant.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
go out and get yourself a Haynes (or Gregory's) manual... will set you back about $50 (maybe less) and they make em for almost any car... can get them at any auto parts shop, and if they dont have one in stock, they will usually order one.

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
I think carb doesn't really got an ECU. I don't think you can use a carb ECU on a EFI turbo engine at all. Carb don't even got the injector control.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Pineapple said:
I think carb doesn't really got an ECU. I don't think you can use a carb ECU on a EFI turbo engine at all. Carb don't even got the injector control.
It's not about the ECU really. I only need to know what each wire in the passenger side connector is... nothing to do with the ecu, as I said I have all the st185 stuff I need.

Thanks for the link dude but it's for much older models, I've had a look in that one and they a tad different. My car although carby has the EFI loom in it, should have mentioned that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts