Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
think of this pic, without all the blue paint.

what do you NOT see

look closely its there.

you think if a cop stoped me would they notice anything wrong??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trueno92 on 2002-06-25 22:02 ]</font>

·
Boro Box Pilot
3,466 Posts
i see that there is an intake pipe coming out from around the exhaust manifold area. i smell a snail.

·
Tailgating You
548 Posts
You can SO get away with that...it looks so STOCK! A I highly doubt a cop would be able to figure it out...Unless, he says "are you venting exhaust out the manifold?"

·
Banned
1,438 Posts
even if..its not illegal to have a turbo setup.

all your car has to do is meet emission and safety standards that comply with the HTA.

yo could have a t88 running 30psi...but as long as you got yer emission papers and your car hasn't compromised any of the safety standards...yer free to peel rubber

Nick

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,583 Posts

all your car has to do is meet emission and safety standards that comply with the HTA.

yo could have a t88 running 30psi...but as long as you got yer emission papers and your car hasn't compromised any of the safety standards...yer free to peel rubber
Exactly! I'm not sure what the big deal is here, unless you're racing for pink slip :roll:

·
Registered
123 Posts
On 2002-06-26 10:43, goodcookiedrift wrote:

Nick
Actually, canada really sucks. Its illegal, verrrry illegal to have a turbo in a non-turbo'd car. its illegal to technically make ANY non-OEM mods to your car...rims, susp, side markers, you name it. My mom's a lawyer, and every time she comes home at night she bugs me about when shes gonna see me in court :sad: Fak em, run that turbo baby.

Heres canada's stupidity in a nutshell:

16 yrs old to smoke cigs
19 yrs old to buy cigs

18 yrs old to vote the future of your country
18 yrs old to fight (maybe even die) for that country

but you have to be 19 to celebrate with a drink

I put blue lights on my car and have to pay $110 because my ticket, which I got in the middle of fucing MAY, says im trying to be a snow-plow. HEEEELLLOOOOOOO?????

Jean Chretien=french nuff said

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,583 Posts
Actually, canada really sucks. Its illegal, verrrry illegal to have a turbo in a non-turbo'd car. its illegal to technically make ANY non-OEM mods to your car...rims, susp, side markers, you name it.
hmm...so what would be the ruling if I replaced my OEM inefficient, cold firing, copper spark plugs with performace enhancing platinum spark plugs at the same time manage to achieve better emissions results :???: I'm not lawyer, but I fail to see how the act of boosting your car in itself, provided it meets safety/crash/emissions standards, makes it illegal :???:

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
if the cop is a big enough asshole..he can give u a ticket for something simple as having an aftermarket exhaust..."improper muffler".....we can all give thanks for all the heat on the streets to all u weekend warriors out there that like to hang out late at nite n race on the streets...take it to the track if u think ur car is fast....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well I counter the counter suit. Bill to prove. sh*t, this link doesnt work. I had a link to where the law is in the Bill, the canada motor vehicle safety act, that stated why and what defines "aftermarket" and why it is illegal.

Seriously, my mom BS's me about a LOT of crap, but she wasright on this one. Aftermarket parts are ILLEGAL for your car. So how do companies sell it all over the counter to us without getting shut down?? Simple, I bet half the stuff you have put on your car says "not for road use"...its ALL for show purposes and is NOT meant for daily driving. My headlight (PIAA) say that on the box, my foglights the same. Those clear tail lights Phi so graciously donated..ILLEGAL, for show use only.

Why would I BS about that?? Im looking for another link or literature for you guys to read on.....to be con't!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
WHAT?!?!?!? No rebuttle?? Come on...I know someone's typing away out there to try and prove me wrong...save yourselves the research, call your local performance shop (not garage, but a show room shop) and ask yourselves. they will tell you that "practically" everything in their store is for show use :wink:

Anyone?? come on, im all pumped. Someone was talking about my momma (jeff) :lol:

·
Registered
123 Posts
air filter no, muffler, hell yea, headers, hell ya.

I know it seems crazy. The reason for the illegality of it all is that the gov doesnt have the man power to regulate every aftermarket company out there. safety standards etc etc. A lowered car slamming on his/her brakes when approaching a small minute bump in the road and gets rear ended. Your fast enough and built for regulations corolla now is completely aftermarket and pushes 250whp, that kid is now in a lot more danger than he was with the stock stuff. I blind the entire opposite traffic population every night when I drive with my plasma blue's/super whites...people high beam me cuz they think my headlights are high beams. Im sitting on a $110 ticket for blue lights on my car.....do I LOOK like a snow plow?!?!?!

·
Boro Box Pilot
3,466 Posts
On 2002-06-26 18:03, steve94CamryCOUPE wrote:
air filter no, muffler, hell yea, headers, hell ya.
ok so say i drive a KP61 starlet...all parts for my car are no longer in production because the car is way over 10 years old. it's nearly impossible to find parts for my car because it was available in canada for such a short time. my muffler has holes, i got a new one. but since i cannot order it from toyota, i bought an aftermarket one(say TRD for arguements sake). so that's illegal? right. so that means once my muffler went my car is conisdered illegal because i cant get a replacement for it? right.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts