Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. need a little help. is it possible to change the lights in my center council and dash to a different color? i'm tired of that green. is there like a certain type of lightbulb i should look for to replace the green ones or can i not change that bulbs? people tell me i should just get the reverse gauges but i don't want the white back. so can someone help me out?

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
there's a big thread on this search for it. you just need to buy 194 bulbs in whatever color you want and replace those

·
Layd Customs
94 Yota 2WD
419 Posts
and some 74's......and probably some new sockets for your 194s considering that they are soldered in.

Good Luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a gen 4.5 so do mine just come straight out? i don't want to have to buy and new socket and don't know how to put it in and it makes things worse.

·
The Camburger
525 Posts
i know they are soldered in the gen3. its still do able though. break the filament thats wrapped around the metal part of the socket. then open the filament on the new colored bulb and wrap it around that same metal part. its very time consuming so be patient.

·
Registered
180 Posts
When i replaced mine they were soldered. I just took some tweezers and pulled them than put the new bulbs in and twisted the wires up. Haven't had any problems with them since.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
wait which ones are we talking about here. i've always thought the gen3's gauge lights where all pull and replace with 194.

isn't that how is normally is ? because thats what i've been told. haven't tried it yet tho.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just swapped the lights out in my instrument cluster. i couldn't change the turn signals and the prdl2 colors but i did get the darn thing to turn red after a long time trying to get the cluster out to just swap the lights. i got a pic. tell me what you guys think.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
cant see the pic much i put in red 194's and they look sick with the new gauges and polished alumi bezel, the only thing is the temp gauge the red show too much anyone know what to do for that?\

pics

look the temp gauge, red 194 too bright they blend with orange needles extremely well, i suggest red 194's to anyone with these gauges. Also my original dimmer dims the red 194's and the dimmer from the gauges dim the blue from the gauges pretty cool that way dont know if everyone's is like dat. i can dim the rid but the fuel is perfect when turned up all the way, i just need the temp one to be better any suggestions??

·
Registered
207 Posts
Your gauges look like mine. Red 194 is the way to go with these reverse glows. I noticed a lot of people were having the trouble you are having with the leaking of light from behing the gauges. I made a shroud out of blue painters tape around the edges of the stock gauges before I laid the glow gauges over em. I have no bleeding of colors and it looks uber clean.

- Paul

1 - 12 of 12 Posts