Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my NGK plug wires and Arospeed tower bar installed, and today my whiteline rear sway bar just came in, so I'll have time to install it (hopefully) tomorrow after work.

here's some pics of the NGK plug wires and arospeed tower bar in my cam:

and I also got a better pic of my CAI, which is:

next week I should be getting my muffler so I can finally do my catback as well. :)

Oh yeah, I'd like to thank sean for the incrediblely fast service on my rsb. :thumbup:

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
looks real nice...what kind of muffler are you gettin?...and where did you get the bar?

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
big_p31 said:
looks real nice...what kind of muffler are you gettin?...and where did you get the bar?
magnaflow 14848 with a glasspack and 2.25" mandrel bent tubing, I need to figure out what glasspack I'm going to get though.

The Arospeed bar I ordered directly from arospeed. :)

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Your engine sits so low. I'm jealous of the room you have to work with :(

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
^lol...yeh...i-4's have tons of room...perfect for that turbo...vrooomm psssht

·
Registered
28 Posts
sorry for this noobish question but what is a tower bar?
what does it do for your car's performance?
does it prevent the swaying in turns giving you a better handling?

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dropyopanties said:
sorry for this noobish question but what is a tower bar?
what does it do for your car's performance?
does it prevent the swaying in turns giving you a better handling?
it's the bar that goes between the strut mounts. it reduces body roll.

·
Registered
28 Posts
does it improve handling on turns or handling in general?
also, is there a specific brand i should look for in purchasing this?

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
dropyopanties said:
does it improve handling on turns or handling in general?
also, is there a specific brand i should look for in purchasing this?
It reduces body roll. Less body roll means the weight is more equally disributed between the wheels giving you better traction and better handling.

Brand doesn't really matter. Just make sure it is a Full circle that covers the strut tower. There are some cheap ones out there that are a half crecent that don't do anything. Ebay ones for example are usually crap.

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
yo...mark...i forgot to warn you...the muffler you are gettin...the tip isnt gonna clear the back bumper...ur gonna need a longer tip unless you want ur bumper to turn black...open up im-ing for all people...i changed it again:D :disappoin

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Erbe said:
yo...mark...i forgot to warn you...the muffler you are gettin...the tip isnt gonna clear the back bumper...ur gonna need a longer tip unless you want ur bumper to turn black...open up im-ing for all people...i changed it again:D :disappoin
I know the tip won't, but I plan on having the muffler itself pushed out further to compensate. :)

edit: just PM me with your new AIM name.

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dropyopanties said:
can someone give me a good site to buy front and back struts?
there's a lot of places you can buy struts from, it depends on the kind you want, there's monroe (essentially OEM), tokico (very stiff) and KYB GR2's (stiffer than OEM but much softer than Tokico's).

ctmotorsport.com offers the tokico's, sparkplug.com offers the KYB's and your local autozone or advance auto will sell you monroe.

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
^mark...hate to tell you...but its prolly gonna look like crap...i jus saw a civic tonight that was like that:barf:

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dropyopanties said:
well, which brand do you favor the most?
In struts? I'm going to get tokico's, but I don't mind a stiff ride, I'm actually looking forward to it. Just expect to feel the bumps in the road quite well if you get stiff struts with lowering springs. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
i see your painted your exhaust manifold heat shield. What kind of paint did you use? how did you prep it? is that engine enamel paint?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts