Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2009 Sienna Limited
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if Toyota replaces one of the recalled cracked dashes are they using the same material which could possibly crack/melt again or did they update the materials to prevent it from happening? If it happens again do they replace it again?

· ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,412 Posts
No, You won't get a lifetime warranty.

If they replace s 5 or 6 year old dash, it will probably be the same OEM part. in another 5 years, it's all on you if it breaks again.

· Registered
555 Posts
I have a friend who is a service manager at a Toyota dealership and I asked him this same question. He told me they are using a different material in the dashes they are installing as replacements for those that cracked.

· Registered
2009 Sienna Limited
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a friend who is a service manager at a Toyota dealership and I asked him this same question. He told me they are using a different material in the dashes they are installing as replacements for those that cracked.
That's good to hear. I noticed that the current toyotas have what appears to be a harder material. I'm sure they made sure this didn't happen again. My 2009 had the dash replaced, sticky rear hatch switch replaced and sticky window band moldings that I need to replace. Something must have gone wonky with their chemistry during that time period.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.