Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Camry SE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2014 2.5, and I was going to put on a lightweight crank pulley from NST. Only problem is, I cannot find the torque spec for the crank bolt anywhere. If anybody has any clues, please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
3,720 Posts
I've got a 2014 2.5, and I was going to put on a lightweight crank pulley from NST. Only problem is, I cannot find the torque spec for the crank bolt anywhere. If anybody has any clues, please let me know. Thanks
Is that a 2AZ-FE ENGINE?

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Camry SE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2AR-FE actually. Thank you for the reply. I was wondering if it is still 180 like the AZ.

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
3,720 Posts
2AR-FE actually. Thank you for the reply. I was wondering if it is still 180 like the AZ.
Can the company that you got the pulley from tell you?
I thought from the spec sheet that the AZ were 133?
I'll see if I can find it for your motor now that you confirmed which one it is for me.

·
Registered
2014 Camry SE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can the company that you got the pulley from tell you?
I thought from the spec sheet that the AZ were 133?
You're right, 133ft/lb. I don't know why I stated the metric, 180. I am American, lol. I suppose I could email them and ask. I figured someone here may have a spec sheet for the AR on hand, and maybe having a post here about it will help someone else in the future.

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
3,720 Posts
We drive metric vehicles :)
I'm surprised that someone didn't have that available or in there heads! When you do get it you can close out the thread by letting all of us know (me). That way it will be in the data base if someone does a search later on.

·
Registered
2014 Camry SE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They replied, very quickly I might add, but all they said was this -
All crank pulleys should be tightened to the same spec as OEM. In the great majority of cases, most 4 cyl Japanese engines will be ok in the 100 - 110 range. You can also double check with a Toyota service station in your area to confirm. -
But I went on AllData on my school computers today and found the actual spec is 192 ft/lbs.

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
3,720 Posts
No, but it's in shear and exposed to expansion and contraction for 6 years. Add the effects to remove it and the stress it under-goes re-torquing it, there's a good chance it twists itself in half. Just speaking from experience.
Besides, think of the PIA it becomes over an inexpensive part if I'm right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts