Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Immortal
332 Posts
heheh... that was pretty funny...

I'm with Flashman... worst case scenario, rod cap broke...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this whole thing is weird, i brought a friend of mine who is also a machanic, he was like wtf too... but after talking with the guy, my friend was like it could be crank, but he's hoping it's the starter or flywheel

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
I see... your friend a qualified mechanic or just a backyard "mechanic"? Open the timing belt covers, you'd see if the belt is ok or not. Like I said, cranks dont break easily, they are few of the most durable parts on the engine and they especially dont break in a stock engine.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Oh and it can be the flywheel or the starter.
Unless you're now in a wheelchair it isnt the flywheel, when those things break, the result is such that the flywheel will penetrate the bellhousing, the firewall and cut off your legs if you're unlucky, thats why those things shouldnt be lightened by incompetent people.
Starter, well I dont see how the starter would stall the engine as the starter isnt engaged when the engine is running. I think you shouldnt listen to that friend of yours.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for your input flashmn and kwanza. i'm super great with computers, but uber noob with engines. i'm hoping for the best and willing to pay what it takes to get my car done. so i'll see what's up by monday.

as for my friend, he's a lot more towards rotary engines, he may not be the best, but he's helped a lot before, and knows more than me and wanted to make sure the machanic i have working on the car now isn't trying to rip me off or anything.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
That's like asking a PC guy to fix your MAC :hammer: :lol:

Anyways.. I'm betting its the timing belt too.. and if it was, I hope it wasn't an Interference engine.. cuz if it was, you need a new motor now. :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Flywheel

it was a bolt on the flywheel. the car used to be carborated/automatic, now it's a fuel injected/manual, but i'm feeling so much better :):whatwhat:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts