Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not seen many posts about what members have done about the roadrunner horn in the Corolla.New member with just purchased 05 Corolla LE.I bought the high tone freeway blaster and it sounds crappy but louder.How would you wire in a low note freeway blaster.

·
since 1996
05 Impreza RS 2.5
1,772 Posts
I replaced my dead horn with a Ahuga horn. I chose this horn because it makes people laugh and it was a little different.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Add a Second one :D

The corollas have two pitched horns, a High and a Low... You will find you most probably got the High. You can pintch a Low off a J-Spec Levin of any year if you want a cheap option. They all have duel horns as far as i know. At least mine does :D

*edit* These are distinguished by a H or L on the back of them

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
does the "sport" mean its faster?

that horn sounds similar to my camry's horn.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wiring

What would the wiring diagram be for putting two horns in series.Make a male spade connector with two wires coming from that and then connect to the hot oem connector and run one each to the horn spade and ground each one to the grille frame.Or would that be overload or underload.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
my brother and I make fun of his GF's '04 Corolla S horn...

we say, "i'd rather stick my head out the window and beep"...

then we make beeping noises (which happen to sound better than the damn car's horn):D...

the (93) Camry and (92) SC have manly horns..:thumbup:

you might wanna go to a junk yard and grab one of those...

·
WHAT!!!!
Toyotas
1,555 Posts
Well, i have an animal/siren/mic horn. Comes with this little control box that you pick from cow, horse, rooster, cat, dog, five different police sirens and a microphone. I got it from philipenes for like 250PESOS, which is like freakin $5. thats my horn!! I only use the cow most of the time.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
TeRcElIcA said:
Well, i have an animal/siren/mic horn. Comes with this little control box that you pick from cow, horse, rooster, cat, dog, five different police sirens and a microphone. I got it from philipenes for like 250PESOS, which is like freakin $5. thats my horn!! I only use the cow most of the time.

hahaha, that sounds funny as hell..:lol:

a friend at school here has a whistle, which he uses on hot girls, as he drives by...

it sure gets the attention, ill tell you that..

·
WHAT!!!!
Toyotas
1,555 Posts
DUDE with my siren, FREAKIN my cousin turned it on, it was like 11 at night, and freakin the car in front pulled over.... I MEAN, i have no overhead lights, but my car looks white because its primer grey..... and i do the cow horn to my front yard neighbor whenever she comes outside, which pisses her off with a capital P!

·
TN's Resident Goddess.
2007 Camry SE
6,090 Posts
I want an animal horn! hahaha...that kicks ass... The toyota horns I am told are pretty much the same voltage. Find an old Avalon and swap horns. I am doing this for my boyfriend in his 04 Corolla. (And yes that poor 'rolla has the dinkiest horn EVER)!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm in need a new horn too. When I push it it honks like normal then it just fades away and sounds like its wimpering.

I was in the car with my friends and this asshole waited until the very last minute to turn in front of me and I slammed my horn...well the bastard horn let out this annoying pittiful wimper that faded out and my friends died laughing :eek: :eek:: :disappoin

:mad: Its time for a change

1 - 16 of 16 Posts