Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
POOR COROLLA KID!
94 Corolla
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rear ended a Ford explorer with my 94 toyota corolla this afternoon:headbang:,
Basically I was looking for tips for fixing up my corolla, I will probably need a new hood and a new radiator for sure. Also new side drivers side headlight and passengers side (like actual side) headlight. If anyone knows where to find these parts cheap that would be very helpful.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
The side lamp you're looking for is the corner lamp. Look for the corner lamp and hood at a junk dealer if they have your color, but for the headlamp I would suggest a new one as older ones tend to be yellowed/fogged up. Make darn sure the front radiator support is straight, or nothing will line up correctly on the front end. And please don't do anything stupid like the person who fixed my car did... busted one of the mounts on the headlamp and "fixed" it with epoxy, making it now impossible to remove. D'OH

·
POOR COROLLA KID!
94 Corolla
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope I am definitely going to pull it out correctly, I already got a new radiator today and a new battery. There is almost no hope of pulling the front end back close enough to put in stock lights though, it was in a front end collision or two before I got it, then mine was pretty bad on top of it. So we are basically going to put some aftermarket offroad lights on it and wire them up to work correctly.

·
TIEyota fighter ace
AE101, TE72
1,942 Posts
I feel your pain...these things crumple like beercans at the slightest tap, don't they? I had a hood half-destroyed by a 2 mph trailer hitch impact (dumbass suddenly stopped on a clear green light after she'd been going and my brakes had been misadjusted by the garage) and rendered completely unfixable the rest of the way by a 5 mph deer that jumped in front of my car only after I jammed on the brakes...

When you say 'aftermarket offroad' are you talking like lightbar-esque sealed beams like a 4x4 would have, or just generic Ebay replacement lights that are supposed to go into the sockets? I've had every type of ebay light installed at one point or another and I'd say the single-bulb H4 "euro" style is the most forgiving to install, but you've got to wire up relays if you want low/high beams to work right and they're a pain to aim. Less so, of course, if you've got a bashed-in front...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts