Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was drivin to class tonight and was following someone....and all a sudden she SLAMS on her brakes an i rear end her...the person in front of her was the reason SHE slammed on her brakes. the person in front of her (a van) was an idiot. instead of gradually slowing down to stop behind the other cars this van would go almost full speed till last second and then slam on the brakes causing the lady i hit to almost hit the van an causing me to hit her...i was a LOT lower than her cuz obviously well i'm a car that's lowered and she's an isuzu somethin SUV like rodeo or somethin so i went under her car almost. body kits were not harmed or nothing....hood was creased/bent out, passenger headlight smashed to pieces, drivers headlight brackets smashed to pieces but the lighting case itself was just wedged back where the battery normally goes, the little metal bar in FRONT of the radiator was smashed in and due to impact my radiator was smashed inwards toward the engine...it was bent in but not cracked however, steam started comin out from under the hood and radiator fluid everywhere and shit.....so we pull of to the side and start talkin i'm using the F word like every other word 10 mins later we're still talkin and we hear sirens i look at her she looks at me we both didn't call the Police, Fire Department or the ambulance so we're like WTF? but someone who saw it called 911 an they jumped out an were like "are you okay is anyone hurt?" we're like "NO" so they jump back in their cars an leave. so anyway all i did to her car was scratch like a little plastic part of her bumper...it's like the little plastic valence thing NO BIG DEAL that bitch better not charge me for it...it's freakin nothin....my insuance is full coverage but i have a 1000 dollar collission deductible so well shit.....i have 20 dollars to my name but am gettin paid this friday but it's certainly not enough but luckily i'm living with my parents so i can get a lil help. anyway i'm pretty much fucked and my brakes didn't hardly work at all so yea.....my plan is to pay for fixing my car, sell it, tell my insurance i want to be considered a secondary driver so it's a little cheaper for insur. each month although my rate will skryocket but whatever, THEN buy a bike, a bus pass and work my debt off until i have enough money to buy some cheap ass car....i know i might be goin traitor on you guys but i might just buy some shitty ass honda that gets like 40 miles to the gallon CITY or whatever but hey i don't endorse honda...just the MPG...anyway so i'm fucked.....my next plan was to get new tires, brembo cross-drilled rotors, and a header but now that plan is fucked...i'll still be around TN but not with any updates on my car i'm done with modding for a while that's for damn sure. this accident turned me off to this whole scene but i know it's just cuz i'm depressed right now an i will get back into it prolly...but yea.....just thought i would share this short novel of today with you...i'll let you know how everything goes.

·
Beams SV21
576 Posts
sorry to hear that mate, from a rough estimate i'd say you would be looking at roughly 1500 damage...

bonnet, rad support, passenger lights, u might be able to salvage the driver light by weldin some new brackets but its hard to see without being there. i have a feelin the front might not be straight either...especially if the rad support got bent a bit. although ur radiator might not be cracked visually i'd still say that u'd need a new one. this is a really really rough guess on items if u gave me pics then i could tell u more.

i was in a similar situation and my car was much worse, well to me and it shook me up for a bit but after a while the love u have for the car will come back and you will continue to modify it. Just try to get a quote on the price, and then see what ur insurance will do. get a few quotes too.

Cheers

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Sounds to me like you got scammed. You know that stopping short scam. When a car goes in front of the car in front of you and slams on his breaks forcing you to slam on yours and you rear end them.

·
5SFE
'94 Toyota Camry
747 Posts
Damn dude.. That sucks major a$$... Just, get an estimate, let us know... Get some pics too. But, yeah, I hate stupid drivers man.. In the end, better the Cam then you bro.. Imagine you under the rear wheel of the Izuzu. :disappoin

I hope you do get your car back and just be weary of stupid drivers.. I remember one time I got freaked at some chick who was on her cell, puttin' on lipstick with the vanity mirror, and DRIVING. I pinged pedal and passed her, FAST. People today.. so stupid it doesn't even make sense... :disappoin

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
sorry that happened :( best of luck getting everything worked out! :)

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
damn, and your car was beautiful too..:(

i'm sorry to hear...

·
Registered
Scion TC
202 Posts
sorry to hear that man.. when i had my gen 3, i got into a couple of accidents too.. one of them similar to yours.. an old lady slams on her brake and made a right turn.. i slammed on the brake but i guess the wheels were locked

is there something wrong with gen 3's brake? right now i have gen 4 and in my opinion it stops better.. is it the ABS?

·
The Camburger
525 Posts
that really sucks for you man. I guess its no consellation to say 'glad you are ok though' Im gonna have to go with bluemeanine, it does sound totally repairable, but i can understand not wanting a accident car esp. since that metal bar in front took a beating. Good luck with everything

·
Current title:
253 Posts
just so everyone knows...we are siding with him cause hes a member of our forums BUT

LET THIS BE A WARNING

many of us including me follow way too close at high speeds
its clear in the law
10 feet per every 10 mph

there are scam artists who plan these things
then again there are those who just cant drive

sorry 'bout ur ride..my ride was out of commision for 2 months earlier this year with 2500 in damage..course they claimed it my fault so whatever just ever1 take this as a good opportunity to learn

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks guys...i didn't realize how many people thought my car looked nice....hm...kinda leaves you with a nice feeling even though i know my car is crunched anyway....yea i parked it overnight last night and had it towed this morning the guy said that if my car was any lower than it was already he would normally woulda ripped off the body kits bumpers just so he could get to the tow hooks an put it on his truck so i got lucky he just used 2x4's to roll it up eventually on the flatbed so now my car sits in the M2 collision center in carlsbad and...it'll take a few days to get an estimate an all that shit....i was THINKIN that i could tell the estimator that i had clear turn signals, stock grill (cuz i wanted one back, i'm also gonna get brand new clean an clear headlights cuz mine were foggin up a bit, an i think my mom said that the bumper was cracked an i just didn't notice it so i might get a new front that is PROFESSIONALLY installed and....then i'll get a new hood, damn i wish i could get CF if only insurance would OK it but yea a new hood (ding free) haha an they are gonna prolly paint it all black.....so that's prolly well over 1000 dollars an so i'll have to pay the 1000 deductible an all that shit but yea....i have pictures of the car on my camera phone but don't wanna get charged for sending pictures on my phone bill unless you all wanna contribute to my cell phone bill fund then i'd be happy to but all i can say is it's bad i may upload ONE pic that is of the overall damage i'm not sure. anyway i have to skate to work today but luckily it's only a mile away an i may have to buy a bike an ride the bus to school an shit....oh well i'll keep you all informed......an my accident was not a following to close thing....i was like 3 car lengths behind the lady an was JUST accelerating to maybe and i repeat MAYBE 25 mph an my reaction time combined with braking time wasn't enough....plus yes GEN 3 brakes suck they're not antilock an they are small ass rotors on a 3000 pound car just not savvy. aight i'm off to work

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, but I'm glad that nobody's seriously injured. It sucks that you have to get away from your current car setup.

My best advice is give it time, the automotive-bug will BITE once again!!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Sorry to hear, don't worry the Camry will one day rise again and better than it was before the crash.

Gen3 brakes are shit! End of story! I think my old gen2 would out-stop my current gen3.5!

Steve

·
What the Pho?
2000 Solara
1,433 Posts
Yeah, my father talked to the collision repair shop that was linked with my insurance carrier. (State Farm) And he gave us a refund or discount on our $500 deductble. U gotta sweet talk them and pretend u don't know english. It works for my dad.

Good luck though and sorry bout the car man. I been there before...:(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts