Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The darker the better
2011 SE I4
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I head more into the dark side I have been pondering carbon fiber emblems instead of a de-badge or painting em black.

I have attempted this on scale models with moderate success.
What do you guys think of this process for emblems/badges?
*Issue may be the tight spaces and contours

http://video.cardomain.com/Clip.aspx?key=099ACBD9C0557B4E

*NOTE: Guys' voice WILL put you to sleep:snore:

·
The darker the better
2011 SE I4
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree on the fake carbon fiber, but with emblems it really isn't an option, as redline said, no-one is putting out emblems to choose from. I may swing by an Autozone and pick up whatever plastic emblem I can find....try it and judge it that way. All my friends have voted down me doing black emblems, although I am going to scotchcal stripe black the chrome window trims

·
must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,233 Posts
There was a dealership where I got my car out in Long Island and I saw the pearl emblems on a Camry (yes, the same ones they use to have and were available for sale for other cars but not anymore). I asked and they told me the emblems were going to cost about $500!!!! They said since Toyota doesnt offer them anymore, they have to have it specially done by another company.

I assume they dip the emblems in some liquid to get that look.

·
The darker the better
2011 SE I4
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll try it FIRST on a cheap replacement of some emblem, but cant find any at local stores or chop shops. I should check to see what the dealer charges for replacement badges, because I don't wanna try this and have a cheap quick mod attempt cost me. I wouldn't be trying a fake carbon fiber mod on a larger part because it's FAKE, but for an emblem/badge? It's worth a shot to see if I can find a replacement or practice piece.
If it goes down I'll let ya know

·
The darker the better
2011 SE I4
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THOUGHT: Can obviously re-attach a badge after a de-badge, but do you think I'd have issues at lease return with painted emblem?????hmnnn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.