Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99' 4Runner SR5 4x4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is the wrong location for this question. I’m looking to buy a new (2018 or 2019) Tundra Crewmax with the front 40/20/40 bench seat. I know I’ve seen photos of a 2017 on Cargurus but our local dealer is telling me the Crewmax does not come with the front bench seat as an option. Does anyone have any solid information on the subject?

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,576 Posts
According to the Toyota website, only the SR5 has the 40/20/40 bench seat available. The 2018/19 Crewmax has the shifter in the middle console so it would take a lot to customize it to fit the bench seat in. I'm not exactly sure how much would be needed to modify the new Tundra Crewmax to the column shift and install the bench seats in but you could always ask. The worst they could say is no or give you a price that would be way out of range. Of course, anything is possible if you have enough money! ;)

Under the SR5 column:
Fabric-trimmed 40/20/40 split fold-down front bench seat; 4-way adjustable driver's seat; 4-way adjustable front passenger bench seat

·
Registered
2018 Highlander XLE
221 Posts
I've come to the Tundra Forum because I'm in the market for a new truck (current truck is an 04' Nissan Titan) and Tundra is on the top of my list. That said, I'm finding it difficult to find a truck (from any manufacture), configured the way I want it.

I don't think I want a lot... I want a basic truck, with a big V8 (5.8L), tow package w/ brake controller & tow mirrors, cloth seats 40/20/40 bench, 4X4, (double cab or crew cab)... it's seems impossible to find. The closest I can find from Tundra puts me in a double cab with the "work truck" option (vinyl seats and floor). I don't want it that basic.

The front bench seems to be a unicorn these days, unless you want a work truck trim.

I personally love the roominess the front bench offers, and prefer it over a center console. If I wanted the "cockpit" experience, I'd buy a sports car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts