Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the bandwidth of the CC still be adjusted? 95 LE
Right now it's almost 10k, mostly below and this drives me and anyone behind me crazy.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you set the CC at 100, the speed varies between 95-103. when going up a hill it won't kick down and speed up until 95.

On the older camrys there is module under the dash with pots that can adjust the min and max speed. I looked at the WD for the 95 and couldn't find one.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Oh OK that makes since =)

I would start by taking the housing off the Cruise Control box (it's by the battery) and check all mechanical linkages with thr thottle cable, and the cruise control linkages.

If it's not mechanical, you may have a sensor somewhere going bad, but it's a shot in the dark to me to tell you which ones to look at. (so I won't)

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
BTW between 2 and 6mph speed change it normally won't drop gears.

Also do you have a 4cly? My v6 will keep this boat cruising up and down hills @ 130mph with no problems. How big of a hill are you going up to swap gears if it's a v6 anyways?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's only a 4 cyl. I live in the land of big hills, so it often needs to kick out of OD to keep the speed up. It doesn't do this until it has started an accordian effect with the cars behind me. Usually I'll end up hit the OD button myself.

I don't think anything is broken, it's just the way it is setup. On my 87 Camry it could be adjusted electrically, as per last post. I only have a Haynes and it doesn't say squat about the CC and the WD is useless.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to waste your time.

I called the dealer and he stated that they lost that option after the gen2s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts