Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Platinum - Moon Dust
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been noticing as of lately that when I lock my cruise control in at 120kmph my Highlander is doing 124kmph on the highway. Same does when I log in at 80kmph or a little less it a couple of KM over that when I am moving. Since got my Highlander in June of last year (or July) I have managed to only put on 8100 ish KM on it due to COVID so its pretty new still. I recall it doing the limit before when I got it and only going over on hilly sections.

Doesn't matter which mode I am in ECO or Normal, it does it with the same results.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Platinum AWD, 2017 Tacoma OR DCLB 4x4
59 Posts
Can you clarify what you mean?

Are you saying whatever speed you set cruise control to, it holds a few kms faster? E.g., set for 120, holds 124; set for 80, holds 84.

Are the number differences you're observing differences between the digital and analog gauges? (I.e., digital read out is 120 while speedometer reads 124 or vice versa) Or do you mean cruise control displays set at 120, but both digital and analog gauges read 124? Or are the car speed displays all in agreement, but a GPS unit shows a different speed?

·
Registered
20 Ruby Platinum HL, 19 Lexus UX200, 17 Yaris iA
871 Posts
I notice that sometimes the cruise is a little slower than shown, even with no cars in front of me. Up to 2 kmph.

BUT BUT BUT, if there is a vehicle ahead, the system matches speed to be safe. This is normal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I noticed mine is 1-2 kph faster than the set speed. (both digital). This is only about 1 mph different so no big deal but just seems odd.

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Platinum - Moon Dust
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you clarify what you mean?

Are you saying whatever speed you set cruise control to, it holds a few kms faster? E.g., set for 120, holds 124; set for 80, holds 84.

Are the number differences you're observing differences between the digital and analog gauges? (I.e., digital read out is 120 while speedometer reads 124 or vice versa) Or do you mean cruise control displays set at 120, but both digital and analog gauges read 124? Or are the car speed displays all in agreement, but a GPS unit shows a different speed?
Correct with the digital gauges, the analog one I have to check. And I don't use have a GPS unit as my Platinum has GPS.

Previously it wasn't an issue, I would set the speed digitally and the highlander would keep it unless I was going up a hill. Here in Toronto Canada our highways aren't flat all the way through, in some areas there are hills that aren't steep hills...The area I live in is flat until I reach the other areas that aren't.

Thanks,

·
Registered
'19 GMC Acadia Denali, '02 Honda Civic EX
1,153 Posts
Have you checked tire pressure(s)? If underinflated that could have the effect you're describing. Just searching for possibilities here.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I noticed mine is 1-2 kph faster than the set speed. (both digital). This is only about 1 mph different so no big deal but just seems odd.
Yep, that's what shows with mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts