Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i drove around last nite pretty late. streets were clear so i thought i would use my cruise control since i never did before. I was going about 35mph and i clicked it the green " cruise" showed up on the dash and i let go of the gas. then i noticed that it was slowly dropping like the cruise wasn't even on. And i was like screw it. I tried once more tonite. same results. I was on even grounds. Is 35 too slow for cruise control to work? What seems to be the problem?

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
i think the minimum is 60 kph, which is about 37 mph, try it going a bit faster

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my manual says 40km/h which is 25 mph. I'll try it going faster when i get a chance to. going 40 down normal streets to test out my cruise control is not the answer i want to give to a cop. :D

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i tried it again last night. Still doesn't work this time i was going 65mph. i was going at it for about 5 mins solid and i tried to use cruise. still no luck any idea whats ups

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Just look for the cruise control actuator next to the battery behind the radiator. Look for a loose or disconnected connector on the front of this cruise control actuator that is commonly forgotten. The actuator is actually concealed beneath a cover at the other end of the cable connected to the throttle body. Might just be the electrical connector on the cruise control is loose. See if taking the connector off and pushing it back on solves the problem.

·
damnjapanfan
32 Posts
try to activate it next time,we have a 94 LE v6 and it won't work if just the green cruise button comes on,you have to push "set cruise",try that and see how it goes....i'll bet theres nothing wrong with your cruise control...good luck!

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
csaxon said:
Just look for the cruise control actuator next to the battery behind the radiator. Look for a loose or disconnected connector on the front of this cruise control actuator that is commonly forgotten. The actuator is actually concealed beneath a cover at the other end of the cable connected to the throttle body. Might just be the electrical connector on the cruise control is loose. See if taking the connector off and pushing it back on solves the problem.
if that were to happen then the cc would be blinking.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
actually i was playing with it at the time. I pushed it in all directions just to see if that would of fixed it. My CC upon pushing it doesn't blink its just a nice solid green light which made me think it works.

·
Diablo
05 Altima SER+93 Cam
353 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the Camry burns more gas when on cruise control :confused: Maybe its just me but I know Im positive about it. I dont know if its like that with all cars though....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts