Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma DC, 4x4
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please let me know if anyone else is experiencing this:

You're on the highway with the cruise set to 65 (for some of you 95) and you speed up to pass a truck, let's say to 70 mph. You pass the truck and slowly let off the gas to allow the cruise control to re-engage. Instead of catching at 65 mph, my truck likes to decelerate to 60 and then rev the RPM's up to 3-4K RPMs to catch back up to 65.

Am I the only one who doesn't find this normal?

·
Registered
39 Posts
mine does the same thing, pretty annoying. it also does it sometimes when i first set the cruise... its odd because it usually sets without any problems...

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
I read your post earlier and then I went out to run some errands, I went on the Interstate and was trying to see if it happened to me. I didn't notice it doing that. I set it at 60, passed someone up at 70, then let go of the gas, and it went right back down to 60 with no problem. I don't know. This is my first time having a vehicle with cruise control. I'm still trying to get used to it.

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma DC, 4x4
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bigblue said:
I read your post earlier and then I went out to run some errands, I went on the Interstate and was trying to see if it happened to me. I didn't notice it doing that. I set it at 60, passed someone up at 70, then let go of the gas, and it went right back down to 60 with no problem. I don't know. This is my first time having a vehicle with cruise control. I'm still trying to get used to it.
That's awesome! Thanks for trying. Guess I'll have to do the same...getting used to it.

·
Official Misfit
1,453 Posts
no issues with mine...clearly, stick > auto

·
Cephasiii
05' Tacoma Prerunner
253 Posts
Mine does the same thing, its very annoying and pisses me off. I believe my wifes 04 Highlander does the same thing, so it just might be a Toyota thing

·
Registered
153 Posts
i don't know THAT much about cars
but most cars... won't do that
my taco doesn't...
maybe you were on a hill? so it just dropped alittle ???? hmm
:confused:

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
1,040 Posts
That is the biggest gripe I have with my Tacoma.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I haven't noticed mine doing this, but I'll give it a try today.

I drove to town today and tried to make my Tacoma do the same. I didn't do like your's, mine resumed speed very smooth.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The only time my cruise will do what you describe is when I have to pass on a hill. After passing the speed will drop below the set speed, the auto trans will drop down from D to 4, rpms go up until set speed is attained.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts