Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cruise does not work Can anyone tell me a good way to trouble shoot this. The cruise light comes on and then flashes . What is the most likely thing causing the problem. any help is welcome

·
Registered
467 Posts
Cruise does not work Can anyone tell me a good way to trouble shoot this. The cruise light comes on and then flashes . What is the most likely thing causing the problem. any help is welcome
The flashing light indicates that the system is in "Auto Cancel" mode (sees a problem). Problems can include but is not limited to "Vehicle Speed Sensor", "Stop Lamp Switch Assy" etc. You can have the DLC 3 connector scanned for a possible code or if so inclined, you can read the code using the "Cruise" lamp. You'll have to connect pins 4 and 13 on the DLC3 connector (16 pin diagnostic connector located below the steering wheel on the knee bolster panel's lower edge). Turn the IGN switch to the ON position after connecting the above mentioned pins. The CRUISE light should flash a code to indicate what troubleshooting route you should take. If you can get a code, I'll try and steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
213 Posts
This sounds like you brake light switch. The cruise control is cancelling itself because it sees a problem. If the brake light switch is malfunctioning the cruise might not be able to cancel when you step on the brake which is not good of course, therefore auto shut off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This sounds like you brake light switch. The cruise control is cancelling itself because it sees a problem. If the brake light switch is malfunctioning the cruise might not be able to cancel when you step on the brake which is not good of course, therefore auto shut off.
Did u ever fixed it by replacing the stop light switch?

·
Registered
Kluger/Highlander
251 Posts
Last car I had that problem with, there was an issue with the throttle body actuator. Never threw a code until it failed and the car stalled and would nto restart, when it did very limited power car would barely move. it was a opel astra.

Reactions: dchigh
1 - 8 of 8 Posts