Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where’s a good place I can get my stock ct26 sent for rebuild and upgrade?

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
how much power do u want to make??...most ppls that end up upgrading their ct-26 seem to realize that it never seems to meet their power goals.....try getting ur hands on a ct-20b if u want a direct swap turbo and if u don't plan on spending a whole lot for supporting mods.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my goal with my car is to have a 300hp to the wheel. Also I dont know where I can get a ct20b in good condition.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
if your goal is 300rwhp....don't even bother with the ct-26...u will be lucky to squeeze 250rwhp from it....do ur research...and u will find that u will need to get at least a t3/t4 or a gt-25 or bigger turbo to get u to the 300 range...add in all the other supporting mods (fuel upgrades/IC/EMS or black boxes/etc) and proper tuning....and it adds up pretty quickly....and also pray your motor holds....speed= $$$$....theres no cheap way around it...trust me i know.....i'm there....if i could do it all over again...i would have just kept the car basically stock...upgrade to a ct-20b and kept my power levels around the 250rwhp range.....u can find used ones on the main board or on www.xcars.com and expect to pay around 700-800 usd for them.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks man for the info. Well as of right now im picking up a blitz turbo timer, blitz boost controler, greddy IC,HKS fcd, 95 tail light and a gunmetal volk GT-N(with tire) for $2000. His a close friend of mine that have a 94 MR2 turbo with a JDM 3SGTE that his also selling. Well with the info that you gave me maybe I might just stay around the 250rwhp goal. Im doing more research on my car but thanks allot for you info. Im just learning more about my car every day.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
ATS is rebuilding ct26's and calling them the "ct27"... they just dyno'd one on a stock car with ONLY a boost controller and put down 256rwhp. They had one with a dp, intake, exhaust..etc... and put down 300+rwhp. It's new... so how knows how reliable it is... but a guy out in Santa Barbara (20 minutes from me) has been running his for a few weeks now and said it was much nicer than his ct20b.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
^^the "ct-27" seems like another good alternative....i've been reading that thread since the start and i think i was prolly the first person to request that they test it on a relatively stock car.....on a relatively stock car its power gains were dismal IMO....on the other car that made 300....keep in mind that particular car was a 2.2 stroker... fully built with cams and EMS.....not ur avg run of the mill car....add a T3/T4 or another other turbo on that car..and it should make 350-400rwhp easily.....i still want to see this turbo go into production and see other ppls can make the same power ATS did..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ATS. Do they have a web site! I might want to call them

·
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
MRQturbo said:
^^the "ct-27" seems like another good alternative....i've been reading that thread since the start and i think i was prolly the first person to request that they test it on a relatively stock car.....on a relatively stock car its power gains were dismal IMO....on the other car that made 300....keep in mind that particular car was a 2.2 stroker... fully built with cams and EMS.....not ur avg run of the mill car....add a T3/T4 or another other turbo on that car..and it should make 350-400rwhp easily.....i still want to see this turbo go into production and see other ppls can make the same power ATS did..
Dismal? I dunno.... 100rwhp above stock with a boost controller... i thought it was pretty damn good. But that was with the rom tune, fpr, thermostat and turbo package. They are selling them though... I just think that guy in Santa Barbara is the only one to buy one so far.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
ishcoleobo said:
Dismal? I dunno.... 100rwhp above stock with a boost controller... i thought it was pretty damn good. But that was with the rom tune, fpr, thermostat and turbo package. They are selling them though... I just think that guy in Santa Barbara is the only one to buy one so far.
read more into it....don't be fooled by numbers...that car was fully built with EMS....how many avg mr2 owners can afford to run a full stand alone unit.....most will just swap in this turbo...and then realize that it won't make anywhere near 300rwhp....

·
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
MRQturbo said:
read more into it....don't be fooled by numbers...that car was fully built with EMS....how many avg mr2 owners can afford to run a full stand alone unit.....most will just swap in this turbo...and then realize that it won't make anywhere near 300rwhp....
Are you talking about the first car they dyno'd or the second?

From ATSAaron on MR2OC
-------------------------------------------------------------

OK, here are the results. Pretty much what we expected from a (nearly) bone stock car:

C27 turbocharger
stock intake
stock exhaust
gutted primary and secondary cats
Ball spring MBC
stock IC
9" spal pusher on IC
stock BOV
stock ignition
stock block
stock head
stock clutch
145,000+ miles
ATS Rom tune
ATS FP regulator
170 degree t-stat

Ball spring boost controller spiked to 18 psi in the midrange but fell back to 16 psi at ~5000 rpm.

Overall about what we expected. Without a downpipe it spools slower and with other stock components the top end is effected.

Aaron
Pretty damn stock...

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
^^that is the second car....is it any where near 300rwhp??....

what so impressive about that??..i made around 240rwhp with my stock turbo and on my old setup.......

·
Registered
84 Posts
What was your old setup?

Gaurenteed you had an intake, DP and full exhaust with your previous setup, right? Throw those parts on the dyno'd car with fuel and for sure you'd pick up 50WHP. Sounds pretty good.

·
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
MRQturbo said:
^^that is the second car....is it any where near 300rwhp??....

what so impressive about that??..i made around 240rwhp with my stock turbo and on my old setup.......
But that car is stock... there isn't really much of a "setup". Granted they are pushing 18psi. I dunno what your old setup was.... but I'm sure it was more than gutted cats and a boost controller. I myself would pay the extra $ and just get a SB kit or something similar... and new. These are rebuilds... not gonna last as long as a new turbo. But definately a good option for people in California who have to deal with smog shit. Not that I'm legal anyways. :p:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts