Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering if the ct-26 off of the supera is the same as the ct26 off the the 3s.
and is the intake manifold of the 3s bolt to the 5s head. if so would it be a good idea to us is for the 5sfte.

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
No, the supra Ct-26 is different, and the 3sgte manifold will not bolt up to a 5sfe.

·
Alltrack Wannabe
639 Posts
Luckynumber5 said:
No, the supra Ct-26 is different, and the 3sgte manifold will not bolt up to a 5sfe.
WRONG.
The 3SGTE manifold will bolt up. This has been common knowledge for years...
Where the hell did you hear that?

The Supra CT26 IS different, but if you swap the exhaust housing for a twin entry CT26 [MR2/Alltrac] it will bolt up. You just have to rotate the compressor housing a bit and do a custom mount for the wg actuator.
It has a larger compressor wheel than the 4 cyl one, too, so it's an upgrade.

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
I was aware the intake manifold from a 3sgte will not bolt up to the 5sfe, the exhaust manifold will but im pretty sure the intake will not.

or wait am I thinking of a different engine? I dont remember :lol: Is it the 4age manifold wont bolt up to a 4afe head instead?

·
Noob :-)
ST185 & MCV20
507 Posts
I thought he was asking about the intake manifold, not exhaust manifold. :confused:
Answer is no, it will not bolt up. :)

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
^ he was asking about the intake

·
Alltrack Wannabe
639 Posts
Luckynumber5, I owe you an apology.
I read exhaust, not intake.
My mistake....
You are correct.
The intake manifold will not bolt up, due to the TVIS.
You wouldn't really want it anyways, unless you were trying to use a tmic.
The larger plenum and side feed on the 5SFE manifold will work out better for you.

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
Its cool man :) no harm done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts