Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a t100...i think all t100s have a extended cab...or at least mine does. I want to put 2 12" subs in my truck, but i dont want to sacrifice the bench seat in the back to do so. i already have 2 6x9 speakers on the bench cause theres no mount behind the side panel. currently i have a single 12 sittin on the seat and right behind the driver seat on the floor is my amp. my 1st idea is to have a 12 in its own box behind each seat then i guess have the amp sit on top of the boxes. my 2nd idea is to get 2 12s and add them to the 12 i have already(build one big box to put em all in) then set the amp on top of that box....this box would take up my whole back seat though. any ideas? this sounds really gay but i would like some ideas

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
buy subs that require a very small enclosure, or buy a super sub.

·
Registered
Highlander
1,535 Posts
How much room do you have under the rear bench seat? You can build a small enough enclosure to fit a sub that will handle the area, but the 12" subs may be a bit too big. I built one for a customer before using a Kicker 10" L5 in his Ram truck, something like 11" tall, 14" wide, and 7" deep, facing downward, elevated so the sub doesn't sit on the carpet, and stuffed it with polyfill. His old school Alpine MRV-1005 had no problems running it, which he had a 2-tier platform built before on the other side to hold the two Alpine amps (other one was a 4-ch).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeh theres no room under the bench seat, it rests on the rise in the floorboard. theres this small compartment where the jack and lug nut wrench is and ive seen 8" sub plates to put in the place of the stock plate for tacoma's. im just thinking about building 2 18x8x13 speaker boxes...that gives me 1cu ft needed for the 2 12" sony xplod subs i got and just set the boxes behind the driver and passenger seats. the people riding in the back will have to hold their knees to their chest to sit, or lay down but oh well, they get a good massage ;)

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
2 sony explodes? dude run an Adire Brahma or a RE XXX, only requires .9 cubic ft net. That will blow away two sony pukes, and you will have plenty of room left.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts