Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Oh Glayven!
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a walkthrough anywhere how to retrofit or custom make angel eyes (or other lighting techniques)? I went to google image search and typed in "Angel eye" and found this website (foreign language, cant read anything, but pics are sweet as anything...gotta love custom Lexus IS300s)

http://www.geocities.co.jp/MotorCity-Pit/1182/jisaku.html

I have a '96 Avalon, and I am really big into lights, and I think it would be awesome to learn how to custom fabricate/retrofit projector headlamps with angel eyes. (Obviously the IS300 doesnt have angel eyes built in, those are from BMWs).

Current Headlamp Assembly 96 version
98-99 headlamp assembly - much better

Btw, I used the search and saw the walkthrough for camry lights how to clear the lines (see current version headlamp), but I would want to learn how to custom make lights for the 98 model headlamps, and then make the 98 lamp fit the 96 car.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts

·
Oh Glayven!
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Ive read all of the posts when I searched.
Do you think I should try for the 98-99 style headlamps that are pre-clear, or should I try to clear my current 96 style headlamps myself (camry FAQ)?

As far as projector units, I have seen a lot of people post about Hella 90mm projector units, BMW projectors, and Audi projectors...where do I get these units without the entire headlamp assembly from an audi or bmw, and where to obtain the 90mm hella unit?

Is the general consensis that Philips HID is the best?

About how much will this total project cost?
I obtained a quote from lighting-illusion.com and they quoted me about 1.3 grand for everything i want (they cant do the angel eyes that i want, also not including the 98 style headlamps which is an additional 200).

·
Oh Glayven!
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, that is the primary reason I am wanting to do this retrofit project. The Lexus IS300 is a thing of beauty (stock, modified, or pimped out)
...too bad I cant read the freakin webpage in english!

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
get on ebay and search for "bi xenon" or "xenon projectors" you'll need the projectors and ballast and bulbs. that should get you everything you need for the retrofit.

·
Oh Glayven!
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a set on ebay that I think would work and is a good deal, please give me your input:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ry=36476&item=7929040151&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

$525 + 20 shipping
This complete HELLA / PHILIPS Xenon HID kit includes the following:

2 x Brand New HELLA Generation 4 slim Ballasts with ignitors

2 x Brand New Stock Specifications Philips 4300K D2S HID Bulbs

2 x Harness with (shield) Wire Sets
2 x Hella Bi-xenon Projectors with angel eyes and bezels

Good for a retrofit?

·
Registered
37 Posts
The AngelEyes on the IS are a beauty!! Let me know if your project works! Will the 98 Avalon headlights fit on the 97 Avalon??

Thanks,

D

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
That's one damn sweet and sexy IS300.

·
Take me to the candy shop
16 Posts
I'm actually looking forward to change my '95headlights to a '98 too. I was comparing both pictures and it looks to me that they might fit, but not 100% sure. Would love to know too. THanks:eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts