Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I was looking at my fold down back seats and starting thinking about doing a custom DIY sub/audio enclosure.
Any tips or advise? What materials do you think would be involved in building one?

Here's some pics so you get a better idea(Yes my trunk is messy):

In the last pic it shows 2 amps that I just got from a neighbor for free. He was moving and just gave them to me, needless 2 say I was pretty happy:D

Any Help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Edit: and yes I looked at the sticky and I don't think that I'll be making this out of fiberglass

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,583 Posts
Your choices are endless. You can go as simple as wedge MDF (Medium Density Fiber) sealed box to an insane fiberglass setup. You need to give us an idea of what you've got in mind. Look through Cardomain to see what others have done for some ideas. Then come back and we can talk further :)

btw- you think your trunk is messy...I'm not even gonna post a pic of mine :eek::

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,960 Posts
if you had a big enough rim you could build a box to fit in the rim where you spare tire goes and make it out of fiberglass and still have a spare tire. i've done it before and it looked sweet and sounded nice too

·
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Phi said:
Your choices are endless. You can go as simple as wedge MDF (Medium Density Fiber) sealed box to an insane fiberglass setup. You need to give us an idea of what you've got in mind. Look through Cardomain to see what others have done for some ideas. Then come back and we can talk further :)

btw- you think your trunk is messy...I'm not even gonna post a pic of mine :eek::
Actually I already think I have an idea for the enclosure. See the pic I posted with the back seats folded down? Taking out the fold down back seats and having some type of wall there with 2 2" subs through it and putting the Amps on the Trunk side of the wall

·
nub
313 Posts
personally if i were going to go as extravagant as you, i'd fill the entire trunk or at least alot of it instead of the back seat. then just port your box through the rear deck :)

edit:
i just realized, or at least i think i realized that you meant having like a wall behind the seats when you fold them down...is that what you mean? i think i'd still rather have something crazy like wrapping around the walls of my trunk and have neons and shit...that'd be nice

·
Registered
38 Posts
basically if u were to built a wall and have ur subs on one side and amps on the other... u'll just have to calculate out the existing box's volume... measure out the length, height, and width of the inner part of the trunk... and build a box according to that...

that's how i did mine... only that i took my tire out and had my sub and amp in the tire well...

it'll be much easier in ur case coz ur box will basically be plain regtangular..

check on my cardomain page to see my setup..

·
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
trdcamry2003 said:
Rapeacivic are you keeping the camry afterall?
No:( But I'm thinking about doing this for Nopi and another car show that's coming up before I leave

·
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I've got the design I want now and I will be working on making it very soon:) I just need to get another 12" sub.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts