Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone seen or heard of any mk2 mr2 with a 4ag 20valve swap. i wus wondering if it was possible b/c ive seen online mk1's with it.

·
Registered
94 MR2 Turbo
51 Posts
question is why? 4age is only 160-170hp while the turbo is 200-245 hp. there are more parts and better power potential for the 3sgte in north america than the 4age 20v. also, finding oe parts for the 4age 20v is alot harder than 3sgte. just a thought...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i wus just wondering because i have a 91 turbo but a thought came across of having a high reving mr2.. thats all
thanks for the insite

·
Registered
94 MR2 Turbo
51 Posts
eyz closd said:
i wus just wondering because i have a 91 turbo but a thought came across of having a high reving mr2.. thats all
thanks for the insite
if you are thinking high revving, go with the 3sge red beams that came in the 98+ mr2 in japan. non-turbo pushing 200ps. just a thought...

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
eyz closd said:
thanks for the insite
build ur motor...stroked 2.2 with cams.....u can rev up to 9 grand...

·
I love Cin
91 Turbo MR2
2,312 Posts
"In spite of the excellent possibilities of the 2.0L 3S-GTE motor, Norwood quickly decided to discard the 2.0L motor and work with an exotic 1.6L Japanese-only 20-valve 4AG powerplant, complete with individual-cylinder throttlebodies, five valves per cylinder, and computer-controlled variable intake-cam phasing. This motor could straightforwardly be de-stroked to 1.49 and .99 liters in a quest for the 1.5L (H-class) and 1.0L (I-Class) Blown GT and Blown Modified Sports classes at the salt flats."

"With a goal of an 11,000 RPM redline, each valve must open and close 92 times a second. "

·
I love Cin
91 Turbo MR2
2,312 Posts
Dennis, have you ever driven an NA? ... for any length of time?
I prefer driving Jekyl over Hyde .... the power band is much nicer. It just doesn't have a lot of power.

When I finish Hyde (whenever that will be), I am going to look at getting some "nice" power out of Jekyl. It will be a joy to drive.

·
Registered
94 MR2 Turbo
51 Posts
JekylandHyde said:
Dennis, have you ever driven an NA? ... for any length of time?
I prefer driving Jekyl over Hyde .... the power band is much nicer. It just doesn't have a lot of power.

When I finish Hyde (whenever that will be), I am going to look at getting some "nice" power out of Jekyl. It will be a joy to drive.

jeff, yeah, i had a 91 NA for 3 years, great car, fun car, very responsive car to drive. i want another for daily/track driving.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts