Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 3 Posts

·
Old fogey
1,429 Posts
UfoZ8myCow said:
What the hell are you talking about? Do you even know what a resonator is?? Obviously you dont, a resonator is something that helps bring the sound levels down on an exhaust. Most cars come from the factory with at least one of them stock... Some luxury cars use 2 resonators before the muffler(s). And how would a resonator make your car look like more than it is when it is UNDERNEATH it?

Goddamn man, consider yourself :eek:wnedsmas
Ok we obviously have a misunderstanding here. I (and a good number of people I know) use the term resonator interchangeably with the bigass coffee cans that people put at the end of their pipe<--that's what I thought Lyons451 was referring to.

·
Old fogey
1,429 Posts
Not really. I differentiate between a "muffler" which MUFFLES the sound versus those coffee cans which make the sound nasty, loud, and annoying. As far as I know, it was pretty common for people (at least aftermarket-wise) to refer to the coffee cans as resonators since they were built for the sole purpose of resonating the sound in order to produce this loudass sound which pisses off the neighborhoods. But hey I guess you guys don't apply.

1 - 2 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.