Votes: 8 34.8%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
custom gauges

took me 3 days to finish but i finally did it and they work nicely. and to all you people who want to leave negative feed back than why don't you try something original:p: :lol:

enjoy:

·
Traitor
332 Posts
:thumbup: :thumbup:
i really like them...how did you do it...you need to put them in your car and take some night pics... they look good though...how did you make them clear like that...werernt the blue before?

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks alot but it's me who's writing the charecters and i'm haitian:lol: it's my first time in a long time i used to do it to model cars but that was 7-8 yrs ago and i haven't done this kind of stuff since. and yeah it's for show but it can be used for driving also.

·
Traitor
332 Posts
so are you only putting those gauges in for shows(nopi) and not using them for daily driving?

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Wow, Gino that's so nice I wish I had one for my car:D :D

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
hey thats dope. i love them and since you got whole JDM thing its perfect as for me i would need the actually numbers to make it easier for me to read. lol great. how much did it cost in material ? and how much time, i know you said 3 days but how much actually labor time.

·
Banned
352 Posts
i like that if i didnt already have my gauges id want something like that:thumbsup:

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bowlofturtle said:
how much did it cost in material ? and how much time, i know you said 3 days but how much actually labor time.
ok you know i can't tell you how much it costs me:lol: as for time
i started at 10am took a break at 12pm went back to work at 1pm stopped at 4:30pm so i guess about 16 1/2 hours total most of the time was actually building the clear piece cause if you look behind the skins it's not a single piece. if i didn't have to draw all the characters and figure out where the numbers go it would have taken less time

·
Not so Noob now!
570 Posts
Original... Yes. Practical... No. But that's not the point is it? Keep making your car original, because otherwise what would the point be?

Kudos:clap: for a nice job and a definitely original style.

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
wow man, those are great lookin, i told you that before, but i will say it again! nobody else really does custom gauges around here

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
^^lol

·
Registered
camry
583 Posts
too ricey fo me

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i can make more but it will cost;)

i do plan on making anothe but with english and jap together but the jap will be etched instead and the mph wil be 10(jap) 20(us) 30(jap) etc etc etc...

terry: you need to put that thing in your car already...

allen: i guess i'm closer to being jdm then you huh;) :lol: :p:

right now i'm changing out the carpet and headliner in the camry and fixing tha damege i won from going to nopi as soon as i'm close to being done i'll post pics of that.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts