Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im planning on finally gettin into some modding with my car, makin extra cash so im gonna dump about $1,000 a month into the car, i want to make custom HID projectors, below is what i belive I need, just need to know if this is all? and also if it is hard to re-wire it and etc. Thanks

- HID Projectors
- HID Ballasts
- HID D2S Bulbs

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tip, im prolly buyin all my stuff off ebay or maybe go to a local junk yard and look at the AUDI projectors

·
Registered
678 Posts
i bet you won't be able to find any projectors around the junk yard, unless someone is hooked u up. Anyway, you can get plenty of projectors from ebay or www.hidplanet.com . With gen 4.5 you should buy some projectors have diameter around 2.5" not 3", those 3" will give you trouble with shrouds. Also, you won't need bi-xenon projectors. I will recommend audi tt, s2000, bosch projectors. Hella will be big for your car. Ummm let's see, TL and fx45 will work too. Also, you will need a wiring hardness, and that will be custom made. Your hid project should cost around $500 to get it done. The other extra $500 you can give it to me :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
itzsteven said:
i bet you won't be able to find any projectors around the junk yard, unless someone is hooked u up. Anyway, you can get plenty of projectors from ebay or www.hidplanet.com . With gen 4.5 you should buy some projectors have diameter around 2.5" not 3", those 3" will give you trouble with shrouds. Also, you won't need bi-xenon projectors. I will recommend audi tt, s2000, bosch projectors. Hella will be big for your car. Ummm let's see, TL and fx45 will work too. Also, you will need a wiring hardness, and that will be custom made. Your hid project should cost around $500 to get it done. The other extra $500 you can give it to me :D
wow thanks for the advice man! Below is a gen 4.5 with Projectors, i was thinkin gettin the same parts as him seems to work?

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/399043

·
Registered
678 Posts
The best easy way for you to do is buy a pair of after market halo angel lights, which will cost you around $130 ( you will have to buy an extra pair anyway). The after market headlight already blacked out, and you only need to swap the hid projectors in. It's pretty easy, and you're lucky since your lenses are already clear:) My gen 4 was a pain in the ass to clear those lense and swap a bi-xenon projectors:( But good luck man, you project should be easy, and can be done in a day or 2. :thumbup:
P.S If you buy s2000 projectors, you will need Gen3 ballasts not Gen4. The others will be fine with gen 4 ballasts.

·
Registered
346 Posts
ya im probably gonna get my gen 2 headlights done by hidtech not sure how much they are askin but only prob is im gonna b lookin like a person who got their headlights jacked :p: nd then their are the cop issues.....hopefully they email me bak about that prob.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey itzteven what do u mean that the aftermarket headlight is already blacked out? im plannin on gettin Halo ones, but the chrome ones not the black......is that what u talkin about?

Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
why does it have to be blacked out......it cant be reflective?

·
Registered
678 Posts
97-99 need bi-xenon projectors, also it's a H4 set up. 00-01 only need single projector and it's 9006 set up. On 00-01 setup, I never see how the light work, is it highbeam turn on and low beam turn off? or highbeam on and lowbeam still on??? If high beam on and lowbeam off, then your wiring will need an extra diode and it'll be 1N045 something like that, I can check:)

·
Registered
678 Posts
aleks77 said:
why does it have to be blacked out......it cant be reflective?
Yes, so only the light in projectors will work, the headligth shield won't reflect any extra light out which will cause glares. If you don't want blacked out housing, you can still use the chrome thought. But you always can use shrouds or bezel:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts