Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
one of a kind
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i notice that if you replace after market HU in a toyota car, especialy my 96 camry, the face of the unit is not flush with the dash board, it stick out aboul half an inch which make it look very ugly...

Anyone know how i can fix this..is it possiable to drill new holes on the metal pannel that holds the HU so it can align flat with the dash.

·
one of a kind
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks..but that not the answer lam looking for...the metal pannel has that screw to the side of the HU to hold it to the dash is not the same as length as the factory stero. the factory stero is shorter then the aftermarket which make it align flush with the dash.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
96camryracer said:
i notice that if you replace after market HU in a toyota car, especialy my 96 camry, the face of the unit is not flush with the dash board, it stick out aboul half an inch which make it look very ugly...

Anyone know how i can fix this..is it possiable to drill new holes on the metal pannel that holds the HU so it can align flat with the dash.

just do exactly that, or take a dremel to the metal panel, it'll take you less than 5 minutes :thumbup:

·
deviate from the absolute
92 toyota camry
4,910 Posts
Kingston is right, though I do like the little "jet out" look of aftermarket meself

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
If the brackets are like the ones in my 92 Paseo, drill new holes, and file/Dremel off the small bumps on the bracket that make them not sit flush against the side of the radio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts