Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Take it easy... :-)
'08 XLE
3,018 Posts
Good that you got the plate you like. Don't forget that you will need to pay annual renewal fees, not big deal though.

But what I always wanted to ask the I4 owners here: Why are you so fixed on the VVTi? I know what it stands for and means and it is good to have that for the I4, but it's not like the latest breakthrough in motor management! Other car companies have their own tricks and don't put it right out their! So, why?

·
I Miss my I4VVTI
08 Camry SE
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good that you got the plate you like. Don't forget that you will need to pay annual renewal fees, not big deal though.

But what I always wanted to ask the I4 owners here: Why are you so fixed on the VVTi? I know what it stands for and means and it is good to have that for the I4, but it's not like the latest breakthrough in motor management! Other car companies have their own tricks and don't put it right out their! So, why?
i dunno but looks good ;)

·
Not-So-New TN User
2007 Toyota Camry SE
5,565 Posts

Have you seen Civics and Preludes with their Vtec stickers and emblems?? Ppl don't need to do it cuz Honda does it for them...

VVTi's not really a big deal... Us V6's have them too...

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
I don't think it's a big deal, VTEC itself just screams "ricer" to me, because so many ricers talk about it. VVTi on the other hand doesn't.

·
'08 XLE
3,018 Posts
Have you seen Civics and Preludes with their Vtec stickers and emblems?? Ppl don't need to do it cuz Honda does it for them...

VVTi's not really a big deal... Us V6's have them too...
Yeah, I know that other brands have their own and I really don't mind if someone puts it on aftermarket - was just wondering why it appears to be so desired to have it.

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
it would've been funny if it was "V4 vvti"

and i dont get whats so great about vtec or vvti.. when i hit vtak in my accord it just makes my car sound more like a lawnmower...

·
'08 XLE
3,018 Posts
it would've been funny if it was "V4 vvti"

and i dont get whats so great about vtec or vvti.. when i hit vtak in my accord it just makes my car sound more like a lawnmower...
:lol::lol:...when your VCM kicks in assisted by your CVT2 and completed with the i-Vtec while supported by AFM and DoD ...doesn't that sound like driving a F1 racer...or not?

...JK...just having some fun (hope not to offend anybody).

·
Cathode Protector
07 SE V6
496 Posts
It does take that long in California. My custom plate took exactly 12 weeks!:eek:
Mine took 16. I never got "the notice" and had to have someone from Sacramento call me back. They stated that it was waiting for me at the local office. When I went to the local office they were almost hostile that I did not have a notice and almost refused to even LOOK for my plate. After telling the story to two differnet people they found my plate. The plate was in a pile of plates going BACK upstate becuae they were not picked up. Well no shit, people are/were not getting the notices. I was lucky enough to wait in line for an hour only. :rolleyes: I am still stoked on my plates though.:clap:

·
I Miss my I4VVTI
08 Camry SE
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mine took 16. I never got "the notice" and had to have someone from Sacramento call me back. They stated that it was waiting for me at the local office. When I went to the local office they were almost hostile that I did not have a notice and almost refused to even LOOK for my plate. After telling the story to two differnet people they found my plate. The plate was in a pile of plates going BACK upstate becuae they were not picked up. Well no shit, people are/were not getting the notices. I was lucky enough to wait in line for an hour only. :rolleyes: I am still stoked on my plates though.:clap:
Hope dont hapen to me.... :eek:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts