Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Another picture, without glaring angel eyes:

Just some pictures for everyone's consideration. These cars have crummy stock headlights, and I haven't seen anybody do a custom job on one yet. The inside area of the headlight, around the HID projector, was given a "black chrome" finish. Since it seemed like a nice natural separation, the ring around the central housing was left with its stock chrome finish. The housing was nice and cooperative about being opened up, then re-sealed with a short 175 F session in the oven.

-I think the later model 2002-2003 lights were prettier on this model of Solara, and the stock lighting was probably quite a bit better with a 2 bulb vs single bulb set up. I think this should fix the lame lighting, and dress up the appearance quite a bit.:smile:

·
Toyota Collector
12,162 Posts
Nice that you're able to re-purpose a hid projector kit bought 6 years ago. The dual lamp headlights are quite a bit nicer the Depo ones are sharp and you can put two projectors in them. That's a $500+ project though.

One thing you could do is put a switchback white/amber LED strip in the bottom of the unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.