Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy everyone,
Hoping you can shed some light on an issue I'm having with my Toyota Chaser X81. I'm replacing the fuel pump, and ran into a significant problem after dropping the tank. It seems that the hard line running to the pump, attached with a flare fitting, is completely seized and will not come off, at least not with the leverage and tools that I have while laying on my back underneath the car. However, there seems to be a section of soft line in between the two flare fittings. My question is: what would be the safest way to cut and splice this line so that I can get the fuel pump out, given that the flare fittings won't come off? I've attached a picture of the section in question.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cut the rubber hose and use a barbed fitting with hose clamps or cut the metal tubing and install a compression fitting. Compression fittings don't require a flare.
Brass union like this in the correct size.
Thank you! That part looks like exactly what I need. I'm very hesitant to cut the metal line since it's a fuel line. Don't want to throw any sparks for obvious reasons, lol. I'll likely just go with two of these and a length of new rubber fuel line.

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
15,213 Posts
That'll work or ya can add one of these gems to your tool box and use the compression fitting.
No safety issues with using a hand tubing cutter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.