Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit: Nevermind. I made some pretty cool little brackets, so now the lights mount on the under side of the bumper and flip down. When not in use, I can flip them up and you can't see them. When in use, they flip down and are tucked up as absolutely far as possible. So during day off roading I won't even flip them down, at night I'll flip them down and I'll have a better angle than before as well.

Wanting to move my Hella Micro FF's from under the bumper to into the bumper. I want to try to get them almost flush (set back maybe 1/4'') from the outside of the bumper. The lights would be a lot more sheltered and I could hit steeper angles as well.

The holes they're mounted in could be reused and the mounts could still be used, I'm thinking just basically flip them over.

I'd want to have a shop cut out the bumper and line the edge with some sort of plastic trim, I'm wondering if anyone here has done anything like that. I'd be curious to see how it came out and what it cost.

Here's how it looks now:

·
Mine is better than yours
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
1,211 Posts
I've thought about it for a while, especially since I had tint installed. What about using the style of lights you see on tractor trailer cabs. They mount in rubber and are mounted kinda like a rubber grommet gets installed. There are many styles of them and now you can get them with LED's.

Don't know if the output would be the same or even project a beam, but it's something to consider.

Here is a picture I borrowed from over at TW. These are fogs installed through the front bumper.

Marc M

1 - 2 of 2 Posts