Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Highlander V6 FWD Millennium Silver, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum- Toasted Walnut Pearl
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And the saga continues, was feeling a slight thump last week every time I hit the brake or started from a stop. It was very quick and only happens during these conditions. I took off the brake pad and noticed it was stuck on the clips... cleaned out the clips and now they move better.

While having the car up on car jacks figured I'd let the axle move around and of a sudden, I heard this noise. (video attached). Is this a bad cv axle? It only made it while in the air... once I put the wheel on and drove it, it didn't make the noise. I also did 365s in a parking lot in both directions (hard lefts, hard rights) and no noise or clunking etc

These cv axles were replaced back in Sept when they replaced the engine....I'm really starting to regret bringing her back to life.... seems like the problems are neverending and costing me an arm and a leg.

Cv axle?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2004 Highlander V6 FWD Millennium Silver, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum- Toasted Walnut Pearl
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Think you guys are right. I didn’t have the rotor pinned down with a lugnut. I’ll be replacing the brakes next week when they arrive from rock auto so I can further test then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts