·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2001 Toyota Prius
371 Posts
oh...I like the 1st gen Civic too.....and your is in good condition too! Post more pics please when your civic is ready on the road.

Just one question, is it hard to find parts for it when restoration? Cause I'm interest in buying one too........

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,955 Posts
cvcc that's when you have that extra little retarded valve right? cause my accord said 12valve but when i took off the valve cover there was four little valves that opened inbetween the intake and exhaust stroke:confused: .
nice car thought screw pics post up a 5 minute video :thumbup: :D

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
what are your plans for it?

looking good. nice to see someone restoring something different,

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
for weight purposes, a B16 would be awesome in that little thing. :D I remember about 10 years ago, my cousin gave an 82 civic away to his handy neighbour, he fixed it up, repainted it and gave it to his daughter for her bday. :)

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
You are making me really miss my first car now...a little newer than that: 81 Civic CVCC, pearl while on burgandy (perhaps that's why I chose that colour pairing on my Supra...) transplanted a 1500 CVCC from an 82 into it and broke the clutch annually from all that extra power on the 4 speed (think it was 88HP to the 1300's 60something). Crager Mushtang 4 bolt steelies and all...damn I miss that car. Have to find a pic of it again!

CVCC was (and it's been a while, I might not remember the exact name) concave vortex combustion chamber...basically the dome was designed to spin the air into a very tight swirl in the centre of the piston to promote better, cleaner burning and avoid the expense of an EGR to pass emissions.

Bob

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for all the compliments!!!:D
and there's still a lot more things i need to learn about this car...~____~" I just know my mom had it as her first car when she got her license in Hong Kong...:eek::

ea8631...yes very hard especially weather strip for the door windows and stuff...so far we had rip of the bumper from another Civic...(we've got 3...one of them is just a parts car)... so just be prepare it does take time to find the parts u want!

Phi...hehehe :eek:: this one is my bf's...mine's (the 5 speed one) still sitting outside waiting to be rebuild...still deciding wat color to paint too...now it's flat dark grey (most of the clear coat has already "stripped" off...) ...thinking about the graphite grey pearl from IS300...or the new metalic light blue from Cooper Convertible ;)

Stevethecleric...lots of plan for this white one...we were gonna have it all done up as a show car (ex. racing seats, sound system, HID...etc) ...but no money to do all that this summer...~___~" so just keep it stock now...the 5spd will be kept as stock :)

I know there's a guy with like 3-4 1st gen Civic...one has B16 in it! and another has a SiR engine in it...the V-tech sound surprise lots of ppl who try to race him...hahha~

bgrieger ...when we bought the 5spd...the previous owner changed from 4spd to 5spd...but the clutch on that car is almost gone when we bought it...so when it's done next summer...it'll need a new clutch... also my bf's stupid coworker screw up the starter cuz he was trying to pull the key out without shutting down the engine...i was like WTF! :mad: he said he "thought" he shut it off already.... :confused: they had to somehow shut the engine (i forgot how ...~__~") now can't put the key in...which can't start the car...which sucks...

well i'm gonna take some more pics...+ video when I'm back to Vancouver and i'll show u guys~ =D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ea8631 said:
omg....the car is so clean!!!......so jealous.....

btw, is that corolla (blue one)beside your bf civic is another project?
the corolla belongs to my bf's coworker at the garage!
his boss has a 69 corolla sprinter in the work as well~

bgrieger...scan them sooner! not someday...~~i wanna see it too!! hehe :p:

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
Got the one I found. I can't find the one with the rear wheel mounted, but you get the idea.

crap, that was 13 years ago...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts