Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced p2820 code on their 11th gen rolla? My car just threw this code. Car is shifting weird and or like trying to slip. Went into limp mode. I’m wondering if the valvebody could be bad. Mileage 95000 great condition turbocharged. I did notice that fluid is leaking from somewhere maybe sensor? Or that vent tube on top of transmission. Anyone here know where solenoid J is located on the transmission? Any help is appreciated thank you 😊

·
Premium Member
2021 Avalon XSE Hybrid
6,936 Posts
Did you have the recall reprogramming done? There was a software bug that could result in a part of the valve body being damaged. The recall entailed reprogramming, and then driving at WOT to verify that there was no damage. I think the recall came out in 2018?

Of course, the turbo could have something to do with the failure.

The code itself appears to be the pressure control solenoid "stuck off"

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you have the recall reprogramming done? There was a software bug that could result in a part of the valve body being damaged. The recall entailed reprogramming, and then driving at WOT to verify that there was no damage. I think the recall came out in 2018?

Yes I had the recall fixed but. It was doing it a little before turbo install

·
Registered
315 Posts
Might be worth doing this... If there is a lot of metal debris in the tranny sump, it will tell you a story

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Yeah it threw the p2820!! I had trans issues ever since I took it to Toyota of Greenville. Now it’s sitting for about two months now. I know the Trans isn’t designed for turbo but I noticed it slip before the turbo install I think I just made it worst

1 - 5 of 5 Posts