Toyota Nation Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wanted to buy coilovers but you could never afford them?

On to the good stuff:
Fully adjustable(36-way dampening(51mm shocks), ride height)
Custom Spring rate(3.5, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 18, and 22 kg/mm)
Pillow ball mounts are optional

MRSP
$1800 CAD

Sale Price
$1399 CAD (approx $1050 USD)
minimun 5 people

CAMRY ALL 91~03
CELICA NA ¡¸ 97
COROLLA ALL 88~99
ECHO SCT10 ¡¸ 00~UP
GOA CAMRY ¡¸ 96~02
NEW CAMRY ¡¸ 02~UP
NEW CELICA NA 03~UP
RAV4 4D ¡¸ 96~01
RAV4 2D ¡¸ 96~01
SUPRA ¡¸ ¡¸ 93~94
TERCEL EP70 EP80 EP90 ¡¸ 95~03
VIOS

·
Drive it like a race car
323 Posts
I am interested, can you give me a little more info please. I am most curious in ride height adjustment, pillow ball mount price and feedback on this setup. I have the full TRD setup on my 2000 camry, I am concerned with ride quality. I would like to know will this ride be a pain in the ass, or is it the type of ride I can enjoy in the city, and then adjust for racing... Thanx

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
2,558 Posts
EuroCamz said:
I am interested, can you give me a little more info please. I am most curious in ride height adjustment, pillow ball mount price and feedback on this setup. I have the full TRD setup on my 2000 camry, I am concerned with ride quality. I would like to know will this ride be a pain in the ass, or is it the type of ride I can enjoy in the city, and then adjust for racing... Thanx
D2 coilovers fully adjustable spring adjustment , cambers, adjustments, dampening adjustment (36WAYS!!!), and Hieght adjustment thru the use of adjusting the bottom parts of the fully threaded shocks...

As for the ride quality if you use very low KG's nothing about 9 to 10kg's and set the coilovers to maxium softness.... a set of 1 they are very comfortable... Alot of the S13 and S14 guys are running 8 to 12kg's and have the shock dampening setting no lower than 24 and they say its still very comfortable...

But make sure you choose you spring rates right and have Frank take not of this and have D2 re-valve you coilovers for the springs your using... And remember the rule of thumb you can go up +/- 2KG's on your spring rates without re-valving the coilovers for the stiffer or softer springs...

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Wraith what would you recommend as good rates for a Gen 3 to maximize drag launches, without sacrificing too much autocrossing ability (if even posisble since i know the setupes for drag and autox are very different.) I guess what i'm saying is what is a happy medium?

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
2,558 Posts
luisitol said:
Wraith what would you recommend as good rates for a Gen 3 to maximize drag launches, without sacrificing too much autocrossing ability (if even posisble since i know the setupes for drag and autox are very different.) I guess what i'm saying is what is a happy medium?
happy meduim is 7kgs in the front and a 9 kgs in the front this setup is what got me to run 13's...

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
7kgs in the front 9kg in the rear? how would 9kg front and 11kg rear do? Just trying out different numbers

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
2,558 Posts
luisitol said:
7kgs in the front 9kg in the rear? how would 9kg front and 11kg rear do? Just trying out different numbers
Luisitol:
ok figure it out bro ... 1Kg mm = 56LBS

so 7kgs = 392bs
9Kgs = 504lbs

I woudlnt go any high that 9kgs in the back unless your will to scarific your ride comfort... As for me I love riding on a car that feels like its on rails...

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I'm willign to sacrifice some ride comfort for some handling gain, otherwise I wouldn't spend $1,000 plus on suspension. One thing I want to avoid for the next racing season is swuat as much as posisble off th eline, so thats why i was thinking 11kgs in the rear. Lets talk this over aim Justin

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
My main fear is that I'm running on 18x8 rims with a specific offest for the front and back. So, hopefully these won't rub on my rims.

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
2,558 Posts
lepracon9 said:
What exactly is a pillow ball mount and what are the advantages of having them. Also, how much?? Thanks.
pillow ball mount replace your stock unit which might be worn out ... Instead of having rub like the factor units D2 makes them in aluminum ( I think but for sure).and they actually give you better steering response . And basically less movement in your suspension, plus you can play with camber.. I also know that D2 offers Camber plates for the front ...

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.