Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my Highlander into Stouffville Toyota on 2 Jun 2021 for the oil change at 10,000 km instead of at 16,000.

After arriving at home I noticed a scratch and ding in the door which was so odd. I believe it's from a hoist lift point. I wrote an email right away to the dealer and they offered to try and buff and polish it out and would check the cameras for any damage that may have occurred outside. To date they have never answered my question about inside thereby denying any fault of theirs. After numerous calls, emails and finally an email to the sales rep, I got a call back. Bring it in I was told, and so I did on or about 14 Jun 2022.

The service advisor greeted me and we had a nice conversation and I mentioned i would like a quote on some surface scratches on the front left fender of which i know about and caused and he took my car in. About an hour later he called me out to the drive in bay area to show me how they used touch up paint on the deep scratch and some polish on the area. It wasn't back to original but I was willing to accept it. He showed me the fender. He said look I took care of it. He said I took the detailers polish and got rid of the scratches for you. Wow cool thank you I said. He continued around the car with the polish saying 1 here, 1 here, 1 here. It did seem to be working. I even had a phone call with the Manager later that day to let him know they took care of the issues. I drove home and parked the car and went away on a work trip with a rental.

On Saturday, I backed the car out-of the garage into the bright sunlight only to see unremovable marks all over the drivers side of the car from the polish and one on the passenger side. I did try to wipe it with both a microfiber cloth and my finger but it was not coming out.

I have documented the same in an email back to the dealer and service advisor and await a call back.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

And a video
Video of the damages
Leg Sleeve Grey Comfort Sportswear

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Wood Tints and shades Human leg Flooring Bumper

·
Registered
Charger R/T Hemi
401 Posts
They ruined your Highlander. Toyota dealership employees have got worse. They’re sloppy and don’t care about being careful to not scratch and scuff the paint and the plastic panels when they get in and out of a vehicle and when they work on a car.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD - Moon Dust
64 Posts
Now I'm paranoid to bring my 2021 Highlander next month to the dealer for an oil change covered under the two year Toyota Care. Last time they way over torqued the lug nuts when they rotated the tires as part of an oil change.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Now I'm paranoid to bring my 2021 Highlander next month to the dealer for an oil change covered under the two year Toyota Care. Last time they way over torqued the lug nuts when they rotated the tires as part of an oil change.
Right - the folks they have doing oil changes aren't exactly ASE certified mechanics much less Toyota certified.

Ya' gotta ask yourself, is it worth it? I didn't take mine in for the free oil changes, only the warranty work and that was all of one time in 5 years.

·
Registered
2021 Highlander Hybrid Platinum AWD Blueprint/Caramel
18 Posts
Sorry you have to deal with this, but I want to assure you most of this (I couldn't see the deep scratches) is very easily removed by a professional in likely less than five minutes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry to see Toyota dealership created damage during maintenance.

I'm facing a similar issue with Toyota of North Charlotte (North Carolina) who scratched the coating of all 4 of my wheels of my Platinum Highlander by using air ratchets sloppily during warranty covered tire rotation.

I tow a trailer regularly so check lug nuts often and was immediately aware that they'd caused the damage. Hopefully you will a better response than I have from my dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts