Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Camry 2002 V6
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He people I drove about 15 miles on a semi flat tire, at least I think! (It was the rear left side) I couldn't tell it was flat until I went around a sharp turn and the back kind of gave out, so i stopped to check out what was going on. Like I said I had a flat! So I drove the last 1.5 mile home! Like I said I couldn't tell it was flat unless I went around a turn! Do yall think I did any damage to the tire? I'm gettting it patched tomorrow I'm sure they will tell me what is up, just wanted to check with TN before I to the tire shop

THanks

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
Wheen you get it patched ask the repair man if its bad or not. Depending on how u drove and a few other conditions your tire should be okay. Some damage has been done though. I wouldnt stress, especially if its a newer tire. If its worn out already, why not just get a new set?

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,370 Posts
well, if it didn't roll of hte rim or break the bead, then at least it wasn't totally deflated

and as touringcamry said, make sure they dismount the tire to take a look- that's what you're paying them for- the other way, you can go to our local auto store and buy a patch it kit yourself

and the only thing you will have to look for is if there is any crazy sidewall wear, in case the tire was really underinflated

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,370 Posts
you're lucky that you don't have low-pro tires, which means that you won't even feel a difference when you turn.....I didn't a while back, and look what happened to my tire after running on it for ...well.,....a while....and it involved highway I think

·
Midship Captain
1991 MR2 Turbo
1,647 Posts
I get a nail/screw/bolt in my tires at least once a month.....i know it sounds rediculous but its true.

So i carry around a Tire repair kit with rubber fill, you can rip out the nail and then Reem it out, and use a special tool to Insert the rubber filler.

Then after that i whip out my Slyme Portable Air compressor and pump the tire up and go :)

Cost me $20 for the compressor, and $3 for the Kit....havent spent a dime on a tire shop scince ;)

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,370 Posts
^ really?

i'm surprised that you even realized that they tire was flat when taking a turn, espcially when it's in the rear

that tire that I showed was only on a 17" rim too, and was also in the back, and I had no idea until I had gotten to my ex's place and dropped her off

if it happened to my 18s now, I really doubt that I'd notice either...:ugh3:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.