Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the Dasaita Max10 head unit here: US $399.0 30% OFF|Dasaita 10.2

I see some folks have installed this unit. Any concerns? Would you buy it again?

Any opinions on the HD version (slightly higher screen res, but $100 more ) is worth it? You don't really read fine text on a car display - so I'm thinking not?

How difficult is the installation, and does the unit come with any instructions? I'm reasonably handy (and I'm a computer geek)- but I'm thinking of things
like connecting the SWC buttons, backup camera, etc.

It looks like the unit comes with all the cables and CANBUS interfaces required?

Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts

I see some folks have installed this unit. Any concerns? Would you buy it again?

Any opinions on the HD version (slightly higher screen res, but $100 more ) is worth it? You don't really read fine text on a car display - so I'm thinking not?

How difficult is the installation, and does the unit come with any instructions? I'm reasonably handy (and I'm a computer geek)- but I'm thinking of things

It looks like the unit comes with all the cables and CANBUS interfaces required?

Thanks
That's the same unit I have. the screen is fine but I suggest you to buy the better unit with built in Carplay. The base unit doesn't have Carplay and the external dongle would cost you about $60 extra. It is plug n play, very simple to install. comes with all the cables required and instructions.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That's the same unit I have. the screen is fine but I suggest you to buy the better unit with built in Carplay. The base unit doesn't have Carplay and the external dongle would cost you about $60 extra. It is plug n play, very simple to install. comes with all the cables required and instructions.
Link for this, please?

·
Registered
35 Posts

Thanks
Just grab a Panasonic/Sony model. I have the max10 with built in CarPlay and it was a hassle, I think now it’s been sorted out.

If budget is a concern There’s also a cheap model by the name of Jensen that has a big screen but is a more known company. You can purchase from Amazon and then return if you don’t like it after trying it out a for a week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just grab a Panasonic/Sony model. I have the max10 with built in CarPlay and it was a hassle, I think now it’s been sorted out.

If budget is a concern There’s also a cheap model by the name of Jensen that has a big screen but is a more known company. You can purchase from Amazon and then return if you don’t like it after trying it out a for a week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you please specify which models of Panasonic or Sony? Any loss of steering wheel functions? Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts