Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Toyota Highlander Ltd Platinum
33 Posts
Thank you for the updates and feedback on this deck. I've also been doing a ton of research and decided on the same deck, but not from Dasaita. I found it on Aliexpress (US $58.25 23% OFF|1 din Android 10.0 PX6 Car Radio Stereo GPS Navi Audio Video Multimedia Player Unit PC Wifi BT HDMI AMP 7851 OBD DAB+ SWC 4G+64G|Car Multimedia Player| - AliExpress) for ($216 after tax) and bought the trim kit on Aliexpress ($19) and Crux wiring harness separately ($60), so $295 total instead of $570. Unfortunately shipping time is awful but I am ok with waiting since I have barely drove around in 6 months. I will update as well.

As far as updating the software, what did you have to do for that? I am sure I will need to do that at some point.

Also, did anyone install amps with this? I am going to be doing a 4channel for the speakers and a 1channel for a sub (still have to build abox).

Thanks!
I put one 4 chan amp in for now you will need 4 male to 2 female y adapters if you want to run the stock amp as well .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow sweet setup! I am hoping to get a custom box for the lack left corner of the trunk area. I use(d) my car for work pre-covid and will again after so unfortunately I cant reuse my old 2x10 sub box. I miss having a quality system.

I am hoping to fit both amps under the passenger seat and make it easy for myself but I will have to figure out the air vent issue. I am thinking to cut a piece of plywood and screw them in so they don't move.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Thank you for the updates and feedback on this deck. I've also been doing a ton of research and decided on the same deck, but not from Dasaita. I found it on Aliexpress (US $58.25 23% OFF|1 din Android 10.0 PX6 Car Radio Stereo GPS Navi Audio Video Multimedia Player Unit PC Wifi BT HDMI AMP 7851 OBD DAB+ SWC 4G+64G|Car Multimedia Player| - AliExpress) for ($216 after tax) and bought the trim kit on Aliexpress ($19) and Crux wiring harness separately ($60), so $295 total instead of $570. Unfortunately shipping time is awful but I am ok with waiting since I have barely drove around in 6 months. I will update as well.

As far as updating the software, what did you have to do for that? I am sure I will need to do that at some point.

Also, did anyone install amps with this? I am going to be doing a 4channel for the speakers and a 1channel for a sub (still have to build abox).

Thanks!
Do you have links to the trim kit and the Crux wiring?

What's the Crux wiring for?

What's the screen resolution?

I'm also looking into PX6 with Android 10.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sure, I will link everything. The seller THREECAR is not trustworthy from my original link. I asked questions with quick replies, I bought the unit, they marked it as shipped. A week later cancelled the shipment with no reason for doing so and asked not to leave negative feedback.

I ended up ordering from "bosion Official Store". Still waiting on it, but hopefully they will come through. I am trying to save as much as possible, but they make a whole kit that has the head unit, canbus and trim kit for around $400 (Full Setup (head unit, trim kit, canbus)). The Dasaita units seem to go for $500+.

Head Unit: 1 din DSP Android 10 Octa Core PX6 Car Radio Stereo GPS Navi Audio Video Unit PC Wifi BT HDMI AMP 7851 OBD DAB+ SWC 4G+64G -1024x600 I am pretty sure is the resolution
Trim Kit: Highlander 10.1 trim kit -you will have to reuse yellow clips from the stock unit and put on these
Crux: Crux wiring hardness/adapter -maintains steering wheel controls, backup camera, etc. AKA CANBUS if you buy from Aliexpress as a set

There is a ton of useful information on the forums and there is a whole other forum for the software for the radio XDA Developers. I am still trying to learn as much as possible. I think there are a few different apps (headunit reloaded being one). Something with Z-link and carplay to connect phones to it. There's another software called Malaysk. I am sure there is an expert on here but again, I am just a newbie when it comes to this type of deck. I've installed many decks on many cars, but this type is new to me. I will probably update when I get it all set up.

·
Registered
2012 Camry SE White
113 Posts
What harness did you use? Mine hisses as well with jbl. The signal is too high as well. I am starting to think I used the wrong harness. I just went and looked through the box and found these two harnesses. Maybe I was supposed to install them and I am currently running high level signal to my amp? View attachment 309942
Need help guys! Just installed the unit and everything working fine except the hiss noise. I only have this harness. What RCA cable you bought? Any idea? Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just got a 2019 Toyota Highlander limited platinum, wondering if you lost any features? Did you fix the hissing issue?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi, I have the dasaita max10 w/ andriod 10 installed on my 14' highlander (no-jbl). How do I get the sound quality better? The sound is flat and sharp no matter what I do on the equalizer. The factory speakers sounded good when I had the OEM headunit, now they sound wimpy. I listen to upbeat michael jackson type music.

Its my spouses vehicle, sorry no subwoofers or anything crazy, I might consider adding an amp if i can find a decent one thatll help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sure, I will link everything. The seller THREECAR is not trustworthy from my original link. I asked questions with quick replies, I bought the unit, they marked it as shipped. A week later cancelled the shipment with no reason for doing so and asked not to leave negative feedback.

I ended up ordering from "bosion Official Store". Still waiting on it, but hopefully they will come through. I am trying to save as much as possible, but they make a whole kit that has the head unit, canbus and trim kit for around $400 (Full Setup (head unit, trim kit, canbus)). The Dasaita units seem to go for $500+.

Head Unit: 1 din DSP Android 10 Octa Core PX6 Car Radio Stereo GPS Navi Audio Video Unit PC Wifi BT HDMI AMP 7851 OBD DAB+ SWC 4G+64G -1024x600 I am pretty sure is the resolution
Trim Kit: Highlander 10.1 trim kit -you will have to reuse yellow clips from the stock unit and put on these
Crux: Crux wiring hardness/adapter -maintains steering wheel controls, backup camera, etc. AKA CANBUS if you buy from Aliexpress as a set

There is a ton of useful information on the forums and there is a whole other forum for the software for the radio XDA Developers. I am still trying to learn as much as possible. I think there are a few different apps (headunit reloaded being one). Something with Z-link and carplay to connect phones to it. There's another software called Malaysk. I am sure there is an expert on here but again, I am just a newbie when it comes to this type of deck. I've installed many decks on many cars, but this type is new to me. I will probably update when I get it all set up.
These radios are glitchy, you should buy from a company that releases updates especially since you are shipping from China. I ended up going with dasaita. Spend the extra $50. I gotine for $440 and it has carplay/ Android auto builtin in addition it was plug n play for Highlander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can the cars original mic be used? I heard you need to use the mic that comes with the aftermarket unit and it's crap...

What feature will not work anymore? I have the following:

1) 360 birds eye view
2) park assist
3) ability to talk to the rear passengers via speaker (nice to have when you got small kids)
4) gps directions on the dash (between the gauges)

·
Registered
2019 Highlander Limited Platinum Hybrid
9 Posts
I finally took the plunge myself and bought a unit via Amazon. Love finally having CarPlay working in my car especially with a super huge 10” screen. Just as other posts mention, I’m having just a few small audio problems which I’m hoping someone could give me some suggestions. I’ve reached out to Dasaita‘s tech support and so far I’ve been given MCU and software updates to perform. On a side note, they get back to me usually a day later. Pretty quick turn-a-round.

1. I’m getting the overcommon hissing when the volume is low and the car is quiet (I have a hybrid so this happens pretty often)
2. The audio seems over amplified, if I adjust the volume to just 5 or 6 is already crazy loud.
3. No one here seems to have an issue with WiFi signal feedback. When I’m using CarPlay which is using the unit WiFi connection, I heard quick ticks from the right speaker mainly when the volume is low. I tried getting a larger antenna and that didn’t seem to make the issue go away.

I did end up having the same adapter @Bjnzzzle had but it looks like its just outputs if I was running an aftermarket amp?

·
Registered
2015 Highlander Limited AWD
17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
@mgshepherd Does that unit use the built in mic and gps antenna? I'm a stickler for the oem Mic and I am starting to hate Entune.

2. Thats very common with these units in general. look for a gain option and turn it down if there is one.
3. You can try to relocate the wifi antenna with something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Extension-Female-Connector-Adapter-Antenna/dp/B07W58G58C/
Thanks for the suggestions @Geekd4d, the Dasaita unit I'm using provides an external mic and I've purchased additional adapters so I could use the factory GPS antenna.

Dasaita support ended up pointing me to the factory settings for the amp volume. This helped bring the volume down so it's not so loud. I'll have to try the antenna extension cable, I currently requested the audio harness adapter that others have gotten to help with the hissing sound. I'm going to wait until I install this to see if the wifi interference sound still persists. crossfingers

·
Registered
17 Posts
I currently requested the audio harness adapter that others have gotten to help with the hissing sound. I'm going to wait until I install this to see if the wifi interference sound still persists. crossfingers
Which seller/link did you get it from? I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on this unit. I ordered the sma to toyota gps antenna cable and I wanted to make sure I got the cable for the jbl system with the unit so I wouldn't have to go and redo it all.

Also if you don't mind: does the voice command button on the steering wheel work with google assistant or anything?

Thanks. Curious to so see if it's just that cable for you

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered mine from Amazon - Dasaita 10.2 inch Touch Screen 1din Android 10.0 Car HeadUnit for Toyota Highlander
Probably paid more than say going through their Aliexpress store but I was also able to purchase a warranty through Amazon.

Their support has been great. Immediately after I ordered the item I received an important message from their Dasaita customer support providing me with a link to update the car unit's MCU version to fix a connection issue with Carplay. Since then, I've been woking with Iris from Dasaita via Amazon messages. They're on it, I get a reply the next day around 1am.

Also if you don't mind: does the voice command button on the steering wheel work with google assistant or anything?
I don't think my voice command button is mapped to trigger Siri/Google, seems to just mute the volume. The times I needed Siri I just said "Hey Siri..." I will note the prev/next buttons are swapped however it's on my list to see about remapping the buttons. Found this but haven't tried it How to reassign steering wheel keys if you have Canbus adapter - instructional

·
Registered
9 Posts
whoa @Geekd4d, just finished remapping the steering wheel buttons and I'm just loving this system even more. I used the Wheekley app to remap all of my buttons on the left side of my steering wheel. It even allowed me to map buttons for long push vs short push(great because I wanted to be able to pause/play music not just mute). :eek: When I hit the mic button within the main OS, it brings up Google Assist, if I'm in Carplay it lunched Siri. The only additional step I needed to do was map the phone pickup and hangup buttons within the Zlink app so Carplay would understand the key inputs.

Note: I had to choose the "2nd" mic icon down the list of commands when I was mapping the mic button.

·
Registered
17 Posts
@mgshepherd
How's the backup cam video vs the old entune?
I like the whole amazon route you went through, I actually used that assurion protection last week and was surprised at how smooth it went.

I was going to get the HD one but was looking at the specs and I can't tell the difference other than $10 or $20 Both are 720p screen resolution (though they say it will do 4k video.. at 1280*720.. that's not 4k guys....)and the one you got would get here pretty quick vs the month for the HD one.

Did you have to get the adapter for the antenna too? Any loss of fm? (Don't care about AM) and I'll just toss the sirius xm app on there.

Xda has been great for these chinese units. I had one in my mazdaspeed and while I hated the mic quality, that's supposedly gotten much better. ( I had to resolder the one onboard to get the external to work.. annoying) also you can usually root them pretty easy and throw a different front end on there.

My thought was to try to use the overhead mic location and pull out the oem one and glue in the new one. Something like this:

But for our highlander. I'm pretty sure it's in the map light/sunglass holder spot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
@Geekd4d - My Highlander has the 360 cam and still functions just like it did with the entune unit. The video resolution is a bit grainy but expected since I went with a larger resolution screen. The video feed also doesn't seem so washed out like on the factory radio. I was worried I would lose features like choosing other views when in the camera mode on the screen but it all still works.

I'm not sure what the difference is in the two prices on Amazon. I'm wondering if they're covering the price for 2 day shipping in the higher price model. You may want to reach out to them and ask. I'd be curious myself.

Yes, I did go with the adapter for the GPS antenna. For radio, the stock connector plugs straight into the Dasaita unit. I'm able to get FM and AM radio. XM radio is obviously not supported and suggested you use an app to stream if you still need to access the XM stations.

I ended up just routing the mic they provided up through the left window column. I don't mind having it positioned on the top left corner of my window. I'm not sure where the mic is on my Highlander but I did notice a small grill just in front of the vanity mirror in the ceiling. If that is the mic, shooo I wouldn't even try to retro fit that. o_O

21 - 40 of 49 Posts