Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Highlander Limited AWD
17 Posts
@mgshepherd
I reached out to them yesterday about the differences as well if I could get the jbl harness with the unit instead of contacting them after the fact. (The HD one ships from china, and the non HD one ships from the US based off their site.. same prices as amazon.)

I appreciate all the answers and feedback on the unit.

Ooh I'll have to go look for that grill. I was thinking it was the one between the map lights. (At least on the 2015)

·
Registered
2016 highlander XLE, 2012 highlander se, 2009 camry se
86 Posts
Anyone who uses this, does the center 4.2" screen display any navigation info. Still?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Heard back from support:
So the difference between the HD one and the non HD one is that with the HD one you need an adapter to get carplay. The other one you do not.
Screens are the same resolution, same chips etc.. why "HD" - no idea. They said to just order the one with carplay/android auto built in.

Silly.. yeah

·
Registered
2019 Highlander Limited Platinum Hybrid
9 Posts
@smoovy - in addition to what @Geekd4d mentioned, both navigation and song info won't be displayed on the center screen display.

@Geekd4d - For what it's worth, the model I purchased was labeled HA-5214-Max10-CP-HD. I can do wireless or corded Carplay (no dongle needed). It sounds correct what they told you in regard to the way it's presented on Amazon. I just hate how they make it confusing with so many model variations. I also received a notification via Amazon that the additional harness should arriving by Monday, looking forward to installing it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update: After playing some more with the unit it looks like the two steering wheel buttons for picking up and hanging up on a call, no longer work. It's as if Carplay and the radio's Bluetooth app are fighting to have Bluetooth on or off. When I initially mapped the buttons (both in the steeringwheel app and Zlink app), it worked within Carplay. Then when I power cycled the system it stopped responding at all to the two call buttons. Has anyone else have this issue? Seems like it may not work since Carplay turns off Bluetooth once it makes a wifi connection. Am I correct?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Update: After playing some more with the unit it looks like the two steering wheel buttons for picking up and hanging up on a call, no longer work. It's as if Carplay and the radio's Bluetooth app are fighting to have Bluetooth on or off. When I initially mapped the buttons (both in the steeringwheel app and Zlink app), it worked within Carplay. Then when I power cycled the system it stopped responding at all to the two call buttons. Has anyone else have this issue? Seems like it may not work since Carplay turns off Bluetooth once it makes a wifi connection. Am I correct?
Well that's gonna suck! Lemmie know if you figure it out. I'll be using the android features and not carplay, so I'm hoping that's not an issue. Mine will be here Wednesday.

·
Registered
2017 Toyota Highlander XLE
120 Posts
Well that's gonna suck! Lemmie know if you figure it out. I'll be using the android features and not carplay, so I'm hoping that's not an issue. Mine will be here Wednesday.
Definitely not an issue with Android Auto. I just played around with it & it’s working fine. Just a point that I first overlooked. When adjusting, I had to redo all of the buttons not just the ‘mic’ button. It literally took 2 minutes to do the settings how I wanted. Also I use Headunit Reloaded instead of the ZLink app for Android Auto (separate app; personal preference)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Happy to report @Geekd4d: I installed the special RCA harness and the sound is MUCH better. The DSP settings still work as well, almost want to say the sound is richer than before. I also was able to remap the steering wheel buttons, everything seems to working correctly even the pickup/hangup buttons. Sending good vibes to your install. (y)

41 - 49 of 49 Posts