Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
i also got the harness installed yesterday afternoon, no more hiss which is awesome!
While i had the unit out, i connected the factory GPS using another adapter i purchased.

next project is adding my 360 camera i purchased from amazon
Any update on the 360? i was thinking of doing this before the summer ends.

The dasaita unit already has the video input for front camera that is perfect for this function.

·
Registered
15 Posts
the freezing (stuck on logo) seems to be fixed with a new firmware update. Took a long time to download, not sure if it fixes anything else, but this is the firmware i installed, got it from the seller: MAX6 Version : PX6 HA2_rk3399_9.0(20190611) https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/tqxigc If you're having the same issue, i Suggest installing this update.
Hello,
just curious, does the seller notifies customers that a new firmware is available or does the unit display a notice that a new firmware is available? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm seeing responses from people that have just purchased this stereo that Wireless CarPlay can be integrated into it. Does anyone have any user experience with this yet? This is a must have feature for me to pull the trigger. Thanks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm seeing responses from people that have just purchased this stereo that Wireless CarPlay can be integrated into it. Does anyone have any user experience with this yet? This is a must have feature for me to pull the trigger. Thanks.
I was able to get wireless android auto to work pretty good most times via an intermediary app called Headunit Reloaded that creates a wireless server host as if your phone i plugged in to the head unit.

Currently the latest version of that headunit reloaded app actually doesn't work well for me on wireless. But i had a good experience with the older app version 4.3

·
Registered
142 Posts
I was able to get wireless android auto to work pretty good most times via an intermediary app called Headunit Reloaded that creates a wireless server host as if your phone i plugged in to the head unit.

Currently the latest version of that headunit reloaded app actually doesn't work well for me on wireless. But i had a good experience with the older app version 4.3
Quick update looks like there is a latest 4.6 beta version that seems to solve the wifi android auto to be very stable. Will test it later today. after work.

·
Registered
142 Posts
So is there a link to one kit with all needed cables and stuff?
Just search 2016 highlander dasaita android ... you can buy it on amazon, ebay, or aliexpress (like i did)

for example

just be sure to include if you have the JBL amp or non jbl system in your model. slightly different harness between those two.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here...
I'm very close in purchasing this HU and I want to know if it supports 2018 Limited Platinum Ultrasonic parking sensors. Does it show on the screen the location of the object that is detected by one of the parking sensors? Does anyone made the Driver Easy Option work? Thanks!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts