Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
i also got the harness installed yesterday afternoon, no more hiss which is awesome!
While i had the unit out, i connected the factory GPS using another adapter i purchased.

next project is adding my 360 camera i purchased from amazon
Any update on the 360? i was thinking of doing this before the summer ends.

The dasaita unit already has the video input for front camera that is perfect for this function.

·
Registered
17 Posts
the freezing (stuck on logo) seems to be fixed with a new firmware update. Took a long time to download, not sure if it fixes anything else, but this is the firmware i installed, got it from the seller: MAX6 Version : PX6 HA2_rk3399_9.0(20190611) https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/tqxigc If you're having the same issue, i Suggest installing this update.
Hello,
just curious, does the seller notifies customers that a new firmware is available or does the unit display a notice that a new firmware is available? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm seeing responses from people that have just purchased this stereo that Wireless CarPlay can be integrated into it. Does anyone have any user experience with this yet? This is a must have feature for me to pull the trigger. Thanks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm seeing responses from people that have just purchased this stereo that Wireless CarPlay can be integrated into it. Does anyone have any user experience with this yet? This is a must have feature for me to pull the trigger. Thanks.
I was able to get wireless android auto to work pretty good most times via an intermediary app called Headunit Reloaded that creates a wireless server host as if your phone i plugged in to the head unit.

Currently the latest version of that headunit reloaded app actually doesn't work well for me on wireless. But i had a good experience with the older app version 4.3

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was able to get wireless android auto to work pretty good most times via an intermediary app called Headunit Reloaded that creates a wireless server host as if your phone i plugged in to the head unit.

Currently the latest version of that headunit reloaded app actually doesn't work well for me on wireless. But i had a good experience with the older app version 4.3
Quick update looks like there is a latest 4.6 beta version that seems to solve the wifi android auto to be very stable. Will test it later today. after work.

·
Registered
147 Posts
So is there a link to one kit with all needed cables and stuff?
Just search 2016 highlander dasaita android ... you can buy it on amazon, ebay, or aliexpress (like i did)

for example

just be sure to include if you have the JBL amp or non jbl system in your model. slightly different harness between those two.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New member here...
I'm very close in purchasing this HU and I want to know if it supports 2018 Limited Platinum Ultrasonic parking sensors. Does it show on the screen the location of the object that is detected by one of the parking sensors? Does anyone made the Driver Easy Option work? Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
today i noticed 2 things in the dash panel display (behind the steering wheel)
1) when you go to the navigation option, it's blank (this i can understand due to a different GPS supplied) i bought the adapter to get the OEM gps antenna connected, so once i do that i'll report back (waiting to get an updated harness before i pull the system apart to connect the GPS antenna adapter)
2) the audio option is also blank (doesn't display what's playing on the radio. this one i'm not sure of since there's no separate radio antenna, i don't think as the Dasaita radio is working fine (AM and FM)

can you guys check these options as see if it's also blank for you?
Did you get the answers for these questions? I came here looking for the exact two questions. Were you able to get the map information on that little screen after using the OEM GPS? If yes, can you post a link where I can get the GPS adapter? Also any luck with the media info?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is there a setting to disable the headunit startup in the same app after power off? So if I was using youtube before turning of my car, the headunit must not start back in youtube when I turn on the car next day. It should always startup on home page with all the apps stopped.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i also got the harness installed yesterday afternoon, no more hiss which is awesome!
While i had the unit out, i connected the factory GPS using another adapter i purchased.

next project is adding my 360 camera i purchased from amazon
@dishguy can you please post me the link for adapter to retain factory gps. I have been researching online and could not get the proper adapter for my Highlander 2019 to hook up with Dasaita px6.

·
Registered
15 Posts
you will need both items below to get the factory GPS to work. I just did this and it works perfect! Good luck.

·
Metal Maniac
85 Posts
you will need both items below to get the factory GPS to work. I just did this and it works perfect! Good luck.

Do these two adapters also help to retain the 360 Birdeye camera?

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thank you @EastCoastMel
I have installed the above items and retained the factory gps. However, the small screen behind the steering wheel still does not show any gps information. Am I doing somethig wrong? Here is are the pictures of installation.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thank you @EastCoastMel
I have installed the above items and retained the factory gps. However, the small screen behind the steering wheel still does not show any gps information. Am I doing somethig wrong? Here is are the pictures of installation.
You may have misunderstood what someone meant when they said you can use/retain the factory GPS.

That is referring to the factory GPS antenna built into the car! Instead of using the small stick on gps (included in the box) antenna that you can stick onto your dash or just keep on top of the unit itself in the back.

That extra harness that doesn't plug into anything is what would hypothetically feed that little screen your simplified GPS data and music track info from the head unit. That's the one thing you lose when you take out the factory head unit. After having it for over 6 months i can assure you that you forget you ever even had GPS and current rack in that little window.

I recommend getting the FCC launcher (i got the paid one)
Poweramp for music management. (turn off autoplay music on start up in the head unit settings or it'll launch the pre installed crappy music player all the time)
Otherwise just recommend Head Unit reloaded, VLC player for videos and HEREWeGo for offline maps, Torque Pro, and i have some others i can't think of.

Oh also install google contacts and load all your contacts onto the head unit. Whenever anyone calls from your phone it'll always show the names just like it would on your cell phone. (this is when running just the head unit... android auto will show that anyway right away without needing to load contacts)

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
You may have misunderstood what someone meant when they said you can use/retain the factory GPS.

That is referring to the factory GPS antenna built into the car! Instead of using the small stick on gps (included in the box) antenna that you can stick onto your dash or just keep on top of the unit itself in the back.

That extra harness that doesn't plug into anything is what would hypothetically feed that little screen your simplified GPS data and music track info from the head unit. That's the one thing you lose when you take out the factory head unit. After having it for over 6 months i can assure you that you forget you ever even had GPS and current rack in that little window.

I recommend getting the FCC launcher (i got the paid one)
Poweramp for music management. (turn off autoplay music on start up in the head unit settings or it'll launch the pre installed crappy music player all the time)
Otherwise just recommend Head Unit reloaded, VLC player for videos and HEREWeGo for offline maps, Torque Pro, and i have some others i can't think of.

Oh also install google contacts and load all your contacts onto the head unit. Whenever anyone calls from your phone it'll always show the names just like it would on your cell phone. (this is when running just the head unit... android auto will show that anyway right away without needing to load contacts)

Enjoy!!!
Thank you for the suggested apps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just installed this newest unit on my '18 Highlander. Just curious, I'm not able to use wireless Carplay unless I disable WIFI. It seems that I can't have both WIFI and bluetooth on at the same time to make the wireless Carplay work. Dumb question, but is this normal? Anyone else having this issue or do I not have the unit set up properly? Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is completely normal due to the fact that Dasaita Carplay uses both the phones Bluetooth and a wifi connection to connect to CarPlay.

I just installed this newest unit on my '18 Highlander. Just curious, I'm not able to use wireless Carplay unless I disable WIFI. It seems that I can't have both WIFI and bluetooth on at the same time to make the wireless Carplay work. Dumb question, but is this normal? Anyone else having this issue or do I not have the unit set up properly? Thanks!

41 - 60 of 61 Posts