Toyota Nation Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
How important is 64g rom over 32 ?
depends on how many apps you're going to install natively. It has USB outs so if you plan on putting a bunch of music or even movies and not a lot of apps, you can just put it on a flash drive and browse/listen through there. I bought a 64G ROM for fool proofing for the future just in case...
Installed the Dasaita PX6 and I'm hearing a buzzing noise (I think only from the front right speaker oddly). I've traced it to WiFi interference. Anyone else have this issue and overcome it?
looks like you were able to install just fine. Check one of the videos i posted earlier (if not on this thread, check the PX5 thread) and see if the sound is similar, if so you will need a new harness. Just reach out to the seller, they shipped one to me free of charge. If it is indeed a wifi issue, you may need to reach out to the seller and update us on it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
FYI, there is a new update for the PX6 version; HA2_rk3399_9.0_ota(20200320) https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/nlzx6x

Not sure what it fixes, but there have been reports (and happened to me also) that when you apply the update, it wipes everything off, so either backup before you update or wait for a fix. One thing you might want to try if you want to test this theory is when you get the update window, click on the Wipe checkbox to check it and then click on it again to uncheck it and see if it wipes your system. I wonder if somehow the box is not checked but the system thinks it is..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Installed the Dasaita PX6 and I'm hearing a buzzing noise (I think only from the front right speaker oddly). I've traced it to WiFi interference. Anyone else have this issue and overcome it?
I resolved it and wanted to post an update in case anyone else encounters this issue. I can't take credit though. A reviewer on Amazon posted what they did and I replicated it. It's related to the stubby antenna provided with the Dasaita radio. I replaced the stubby antenna with one I removed from an old Wifi router I had stored away. Worked great! No buzzing noise now. Hopefully this tip helps someone else in the future.

·
Registered
28 Posts
FYI, there is a new update for the PX6 version; HA2_rk3399_9.0_ota(20200320) https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/nlzx6x

Not sure what it fixes, but there have been reports (and happened to me also) that when you apply the update, it wipes everything off, so either backup before you update or wait for a fix. One thing you might want to try if you want to test this theory is when you get the update window, click on the Wipe checkbox to check it and then click on it again to uncheck it and see if it wipes your system. I wonder if somehow the box is not checked but the system thinks it is..
Thanks for the heads-up on the available update. Can you point me to instructions on how to ensure my radio is being backed up? I'm fairly tech-savvy, but not very familiar with Android software/devices. I spent more hours than I would like to admit sitting in my garage making sure the UI of my Dasaita was just right, so I definitely don't want to lose everything. Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Can you point me to instructions on how to ensure my radio is being backed up?
I haven't done it myself (duh'oh) however, Titanium backup has been used by others to accomplish this -- it does require your head unit to be rooted (you can unroot after backup and restoral) Check out How to Use Titanium Backup Pro on Android and let us know how it worked out (AFAIK, you can use the free version do everything you need) good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I haven't done it myself (duh'oh) however, Titanium backup has been used by others to accomplish this -- it does require your head unit to be rooted (you can unroot after backup and restoral) Check out How to Use Titanium Backup Pro on Android and let us know how it worked out (AFAIK, you can use the free version do everything you need) good luck.
Thanks for the tip. I'll look into Titanium backup.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Well @dishguy, I should've heeded your warning. I downloaded the 20200320 version and arrogantly thought, if I just click the "Wipe" box a few times and then ensure it's not checked, then I should be fine. Wrong! It completely wiped everything, as advertised.

If the only bad result from this was an inconvenience of having to rearrange things, then I wouldn't be too upset. However, when I went to the Google Play Store to re-download apps, it takes me to a Google "Account setup" page with an infinite loop of "Checking info..." I've tried a few solutions, like clearing the cache, but nothing seems to work. This also happens with other Google apps on the Dasaita (e.g., Google Maps). Very frustrating.

Do you, or anyone else on here, have a solution for this "Checking info" error? Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do you, or anyone else on here, have a solution for this "Checking info" error? Thanks.
thanks for trying that method to uncheck wipe, and sorry it didn't work for you.

regarding the google play error, i don't think i had the checking info but mine was crashing. try this -- go into settings > apps. then find google play store and click force stop, then click on storage and clear cache and data, then try launching the play store.

·
Registered
28 Posts
thanks for trying that method to uncheck wipe, and sorry it didn't work for you.

regarding the google play error, i don't think i had the checking info but mine was crashing. try this -- go into settings > apps. then find google play store and click force stop, then click on storage and clear cache and data, then try launching the play store.
No worries that it didn't work. I was the one that took the risk and assumed I could sidestep the issue.

Thanks for the recommendation of trying a 'Force Stop' and 'Clear Cache' on the Google Play Store. Unfortunately it didn't work. Since this issue occurs on all Google apps (Google, Maps, etc.), I actually applied the Force Stop and Clear Cache to all of them. Still didn't work. For what it's worth, the "Checking info..." screen now at least times out after a while and transitions to a "Couldn't sign in. There was a problem communicating with the Google servers. Try again later." screen.

I have an open email to everyone's favorite friend at Dasaita -- Iris. Hopefully she has a recommendation. I'll also do some more searching myself.

Question...it appears that when my data was wiped and the fresh install of apps occurred, some apps are now missing that were originally on the radio (PX6). Unfortunately, I don't remember what they all were and don't have a list. I'd like to find this list so I can re-download them.

It was the missing navigation app that brought this to my attention. I don't even remember the name of it...something like iGo...? Though I'll have cell signal 99% of the time for navigation (Waze, Google Maps, etc.), it would be nice to have one nav app that doesn't require cell signal for that 1% of the time. The iGo (or whatever it was) didn't seem great, but would be bearable in a pinch. Do you know the name of it so I can re-download after it resolve this Play Store error?

Thanks again for all of your assistance on this board. If you're even in the greater Cincinnati area, I'll treat you to an adult beverage. 🍻

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation of trying a 'Force Stop' and 'Clear Cache' on the Google Play Store. Unfortunately it didn't work. Since this issue occurs on all Google apps (Google, Maps, etc.), I actually applied the Force Stop and Clear Cache to all of them. Still didn't work. For what it's worth, the "Checking info..." screen now at least times out after a while and transitions to a "Couldn't sign in. There was a problem communicating with the Google servers. Try again later." screen.

Question...it appears that when my data was wiped and the fresh install of apps occurred, some apps are now missing that were originally on the radio (PX6). Unfortunately, I don't remember what they all were and don't have a list. I'd like to find this list so I can re-download them.

Thanks again for all of your assistance on this board. If you're even in the greater Cincinnati area, I'll treat you to an adult beverage. 🍻
there's another thing i tried, but for me, i did it afterwards, but i went in and forced stopped gmail and then disabled it. See if you can do that with any other google app. And there is also a play services app just do the same for that one also (storage > clear data, cache) and just so it's a fresh start do the same for the play store also.

I'm sure you did, but after reset it also wipes the wifi SSID/password so just be sure you connected back to wifi and actually have a connection to connect to the google servers ;-)

Check out this thread from the PX5 where someone posted a list of their apps for me when mine got reset: Dasaita Android 8.0 Head Unit w/32GB ROM, 4GB RAM for 2017 HL The nav app you're referring to is called 'iGo primo nextgen' keep in mind some of the apps installed by the vendor may not have been a free app, so you can either ask Iris for a link of the app or just find it online... or if you want to go legit then you can buy it :)

You can save the money on the adult average and buy some cool accessories for your highlander ;-) i recommend the LED interior lights upgrade pretty easy and cheap...

·
Registered
28 Posts
there's another thing i tried, but for me, i did it afterwards, but i went in and forced stopped gmail and then disabled it. See if you can do that with any other google app. And there is also a play services app just do the same for that one also (storage > clear data, cache) and just so it's a fresh start do the same for the play store also.

Finally got it. I tried clearing data, caches, etc for everything Google related, but to no avail. Then resorted to web searching. After much trial and error, this seemed to fix it:

Maybe it was the extra "Download manager" step? Who knows, but at least it works now and maybe this will be beneficial to others reading this thread. I appreciate your help in resolving it.

I'm still missing the GPS app that was included on my PX6 originally. I think it was called iGo719****, but I'm not 100% sure. I couldn't find it on the Google Play Store. How do I get it back? I assume you also lost this app when the update wiped your data, right? Or if you're aware of a better 'offline' GPS app that works with the PX6, let me know and I'll install it instead. Thanks again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks to all in this forum for the feedback and information gathered about this HU. I finally I bought the radio. A really play and plug installation, I’ll be missing the gps and music information in the cluster display. Anyways just something than I don’t get it yet. Do I need the something else for android auto or car play? The dasaita guys told me than I a need a dongle.
thank you guys

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks to all in this forum for the feedback and information gathered about this HU. I finally I bought the radio. A really play and plug installation, I’ll be missing the gps and music information in the cluster display. Anyways just something than I don’t get it yet. Do I need the something else for android auto or car play? The dasaita guys told me than I a need a dongle.
thank you guys
You should've bought the new HU with the wireless carplay built-in. If not then you'll need this dongle..US $33.55 39% OFF|Dasaita Carplay USB dongle for android car navigation gps with smart link Supports iOS Phones|gps for car|gps navigation for car|navigation for car - AliExpress

·
Registered
14 Posts
Really? I should had ask for the right HU first before buying without any idea the diferente kinds. Anyway could you point me to HU with CarPlay built-in ? Where to get it? How many types of daisata radios exists for the Toyota Highlander 2017 & up?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Really? I should had ask for the right HU first before buying without any idea the diferente kinds. Anyway could you point me to HU with CarPlay built-in ? Where to get it? How many types of daisata radios exists for the Toyota Highlander 2017 & up?
Here's the one with the built-in carplay, but just email the seller just in case. There's many different HU for the Highlander. I've seen cheap ones for a little over $100 to over $400.
US $409.5 30% OFF|Dasaita 10.2

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here's the one with the built-in carplay, but just email the seller just in case. There's many different HU for the Highlander. I've seen cheap ones for a little over $100 to over $400.
US $409.5 30% OFF|Dasaita 10.2
Goddamn, I just bought this one
I feel really stupid 🤯, thanks for the feedback. I’ll stick to the one than I get

81 - 96 of 96 Posts