Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
'19 Gen 8 Camry XV70
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i know this question has been asked many times by most/all. I was wondering what is a good dash cam that is affordable? I'm really looking not to spend to much. Also i would like to know how you ran your dash cam setup. Was it hardwire? Or plug in to the usb port?

Thanks in advance for helping

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have one from vava, you can hardwire it or use the provided usb wire, it’s affordable and pretty small, also connects to phone and has gps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just whichever one you get make sure you can get one that records good quality, no use in getting one if you can’t zoom in and view plates of a potential hit and run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a Blackvue model installed in my Camry. If your thinking of assurance needed the camera is going to provide evidence for whatever traffic situation it captures. Make sure the camera will provide quality timely recordings. I had a cheap one initially until i needed to use the recording for evidence. This is why i stepped up into a Blackvue frt / rear camera system. Lots of options out there on these and intended purpose. I had a $300 budget plus larger SD card storage capacity. The SD cards are the pricier components to store days of recording. The larger the better,

·
short-throw dipstick
5,967 Posts
I'm using a Yi (few years old) that works well but is only passable at night. Been looking to upgrade to the Ankers with the new Sony chips.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I went with a Rexing V1LG, front and back cameras. Amazon has it for about $170 so it's not cheap. I didn't hardwire it, just ran the cables along the interior and plugged into the 12V port.

·
REV
88 Posts
weird question but do you guys leave the dash cam hanging all the time? I was told that you shouldn't do this csuse people can break in to try and steal it. it's been why I havent gotten one yet

·
Registered
40 Posts
weird question but do you guys leave the dash cam hanging all the time? I was told that you shouldn't do this cause people can break in to try and steal it. it's been why I havent gotten one yet
It honestly depends on where I leave it. In long-term public parking....yeah it comes down....anywhere in Detroit, yup still coming down. But most of the time I just leave it. It doesn't stand out, it's mounted on the black area of the windshield. When I do take it down, I just have to unplug 2 cables and it slides off it's base.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Akaso trace 1 as a cheap dual cam or Viofo A119 V3 (best dash cam quality for the money you can get). Most dash cams can be powered via power bank. Watch the YouTube videos!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Far and Away the best response Ive found on this is YouTubeing Andrew at Carcam Central. Best reviewer of dash cams there are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Far and Away the best response Ive found on this is YouTubeing Andrew at Carcam Central. Best reviewer of dash cams there are.

·
Registered
70 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts