Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Toyota Camry SE and 2017 Toyota Sienna SE
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be replacing my factory head unit with a Pioneer DMH-2660NEX. I am debating if it is worth the extra ~$95 to include the Idatalink Maestro or not. What are your thoughts?

Also, from my research, it appears a lot of people go with the Metra dash kit. Has anyone used the dash kit in the Crutchfield installation package? The reviews are pretty spotty but that is what is included in their installation package (and you lose the current package discount if you remove parts of it). Any other dash kits I should check out?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am going to be replacing my factory head unit with a Pioneer DMH-2660NEX. I am debating if it is worth the extra ~$95 to include the Idatalink Maestro or not. What are your thoughts?

Also, from my research, it appears a lot of people go with the Metra dash kit. Has anyone used the dash kit in the Crutchfield installation package? The reviews are pretty spotty but that is what is included in their installation package (and you lose the current package discount if you remove parts of it). Any other dash kits I should check out?
I used the crutchfield installation kit of my 2015. I didn't buy the stuff to connect it to the car gps or the SiriusXM. I bought the full installation kit though that keeps the steering wheels. Didn't need anything else other than that installation kit and the radio.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Toyota Camry SE and 2017 Toyota Sienna SE
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the crutchfield installation kit of my 2015. I didn't buy the stuff to connect it to the car gps or the SiriusXM. I bought the full installation kit though that keeps the steering wheels. Didn't need anything else other than that installation kit and the radio.

Yeah, I am deciding between that kit and the Maestro. Did you lose any features that you wish you had? How do you like the dash kit?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, I am deciding between that kit and the Maestro. Did you lose any features that you wish you had? How do you like the dash kit?
Fire for features as I have Android auto so we good. The dash kit was good however the curve to it wasn't quite right and the color did not much exactly but you can't tell unless you look for it.

·
Captain Camry
408 Posts
I got the Crutchfield recommended dash kit and it's a beautiful, perfect match. I also cannot recommend the iDatalink Maestro kit enough. It guarantees everything is going to work, including steering controls. It's a bit expensive and requires connecting to and programming it through a PC, but it's worth it. It took me a few hours all told, but my aftermarket Pioneer kit looks and functions like it's straight from the factory floor at Toyota. If you get stuck, we're her to help!

·
Captain Camry
408 Posts
I did want to follow up. It looks like you're talking about the 2013 model vs my 2015. I would still say that the dash kit recommended by Crutchfield is going to be perfect. It's the same brand, model, just a different year. Given that information, I'd bet on that one over Metra. Additionally, read through this thread:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts