Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every year, the light begind the speedo (specifially behind 120MPH) burn out, I do replace it...but the same bulb burns out year after year. Initially i assumed it was a inferior bulb that i was buying so last year i replace that burn tout bulb with another working bulb (also from the speedo) and replace that with the newly bought bulb. Guess what..this year the same place behind the 120 MPH has burnt out. I think this will be my 5th bulb purchase. Whats annoying that i have to remove the instrumt cluster for the same thing year after year....And thankfully its not hapenning often (or else i'd assume a short), but what is this hapenning....WHY that same bulb locaiton.....any thoughts?

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
maybe the socket is bad? or something to look for is maybe a tear or crack in the green plastic-looking stuff on the back of the cluster that has all the soldering stuff on it ( i dunno the name for it)

i can tell you that on my MR2 i had a crack in that green plastic stuff and the oil pressure gauge wasn't moving/working...i thought it was my oil pressure sender unit, but instead of trying to replace that i checked the cluster first and it had a tiny little hairline crack and that caused the oil pressure gauge not to work.

that's all i can think of...don't think its a fuse :confused:

Keri

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ yeah, but it works great...its only in the dead of summers is when the same thing happens year after year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts