Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having the worst time figuring this out, i have an 89 MKIII and the dash board works, guages and warning lights work, but the lights for behind the guages dont work. I tried looking for a blown fuse and all are good, i tried looking for some broken wire in the dash but still no luck. If someone can help me out it would be great, cause its a pain trying to drive this in the dark not knowing how fast im going.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I have MK3 86.5 non-turbo and i tried 2 dimmer switch replacements... and nothing... my dash lights and tail-lights didnt work. I let it go so long that a CHP gave me a fix it ticket.

I finally gave up and took to a mechanic... electrical... $240 later... and works perfect now... i also use the dimmer... just so that it wont go bad again....

I still had to pay the friggin ticket "Bail Amount" is what they called it... $165. UGH... did that hurt when i bought the money order and mailed the darn thing....

so my advice.. if your driving it. Check all the lights Headlights... Tail-lights also... cuz it might not be just the dashlights.... and it will cost you more than just a dimmer switch...:headbang::disappoin:ugh3:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry to bump an old post. i'm having similar probs with my 91 pickup truck. jsut wondering what electrical work was done to correc this issue?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
Generally, you need to get in there with a test light if you have confirmed that all the fuses are good. You'll want to check for power to the dimmer (if you have one), and if that's fine, then continue down the line till you get to the bulbs.

No simple test unfortunately.

Bob

·
savage_eddies7mgte
5 Posts
Ive been having the same problem with my 87 supra everything else wrks but the dash nd its very annoying i even switched the hole cluster nd it still doesnt wrk idk whats wrong

Sent from my SGH-T839 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts