Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
New 2006 Corolla LE owner
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 corolla LE, very soild car. I was looking on my dash and I noticed a maint required light- what is this for? How is it diff then a check engine light? And also I was trying to chage cds (disc changer) and I have to keep pushing number 3 on the 1-6 buttons to change disks, shouldnt I be able to push push 1-6 and not just 3?

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
The "maintenace required" light is the car telling you that its time to change the engine oil.
I believe that light is set to come on every 5,000 miles. Look in your owner's manual, it should tell you how to reset that timer.

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
waht Captain said is the maintenance light. The CD player not working I would check the owners amnual also. It seems like the button for changing the discs is that button. My sienna is the same way. I am not sure it is the 3 button but you cant jsut push the number 1 button to go to the number 1 disc. If the owners manual seems to state this is not correct then take it to Toyota. That is why they give you warranties.

·
Freshness
2005 Corolla S
276 Posts
yeah its the same thing on my 05 S... kind of a pain with the CD changer thing, you have to make sure you press the right button, but i'm used to it now. I won't have to deal with it for long because i'm probably gonna get a new head unit for christmas :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
The maintenance light tells you comes on every 5000 miles to remind you to change oil. When doing an oil change you should reset this so it doesn't come on prematurely. Owners manual will tell you exactly how to do this. The CHECK ENGINE light comes on when something is wrong with your vehicle. Check engine light can come on for many reasons, sensors that are bad, emissions related components bad, and so on. The most common for every toyota check engine light on newer vehicles is the fuel cap not being turned until it clicks. Make sure you click it. Good Luck!!

·
I Love Priuses
1999 Toyota Camry LE
339 Posts
^^Those Neons do have high-tech stuff! I drove one for drivers ed. and the wiper switch goes up instead of down like on normal vehicles. I conder that very high-tech! :mad:

:lol: I'm just kidding, but that wiper switch really screwed me up the first time I used it. Sorry for being off-topic.

·
TN's SRT-4
2005 Dodge Neon SRT4
379 Posts
epinionator89 said:
^^Those Neons do have high-tech stuff! I drove one for drivers ed. and the wiper switch goes up instead of down like on normal vehicles. I conder that very high-tech! :mad:
Hahaha, that is so true. It's been six months since I bought my Neon and I still have to do a quick wiper "which way does it go?" switch test first before turning it on. :lol:

·
New 2006 Corolla LE owner
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MenaceSQL said:
You should've bought a Neon. It doesn't have any of that high tech stuff. :lol: J/P
Your right I should never have to be honest. Lets just say there wasnt a whole lot of parts that wasnt repaired and thousnads of dollars on repairs I basically had a whole brand new car. Should of got a 2001 corolla and Id still have it now. And saved money and stuff. But live and learn right? But I must say things on that car were very easy to figure out how to use. But they also are on my 06 rolla and much better car. Try 100 percent better. Ill never have a neon again cause they are all pieces of shit. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.