Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
06 camry se
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 06 camry that came with the factory non-JBL system and has 2 dash tweeters, 2 6X9 in the front doors, 2 6X9 in the rear shelf

i am not getting any sound out of the front tweeters; i tried fading the sound to the front and disconnecting the door speakers but still no sound

as far as modification ive replaced the headunit, f&r speakers, and added a sub

the dealer said theyre around $100 a piece which is rediculous so im thinking of getting cheap aftermarket ones

for the dash tweeters should i take out the old ones and use the stock wires or should i run new wiring? im not sure if theyre just blown out or the wiring is shot

·
Cruisin' along
2019 Camry LE
858 Posts
the wiring unless subjected to rubbing against something, should be fine, just re-use it. the tweeters were probably cheap ones from the factory anyways.

·
Registered
06 camry se
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i took the tweeters out and theyre trashed..... theyre covered in a white powder lookin stuf and the cones fell apart

only problem is the crossover for the door speakers is thru the tweeters so i need factory ones

anyone know where i can get them for cheap?

·
Cruisin' along
2019 Camry LE
858 Posts
go to the local bone yard for a recent totaled out car. should be good prices there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts